Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil Filter for a 14L

The filter on my 14L had a number of felt discs for the filtering element. My research has turned up a Wix 51598 cartridge as a suitable replacement.
Am I on the right track? What do you guys use?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? And Now, A 1929 Durant D60

Re: Oil Filter for a 14L

Don, You're on the right track. I've used the WIX filters and the Fram CH 9999 oil filter. The Fram is easier to get out here.

I also have some more info on the tech page under modern improvements.

OK, that gives me a total of 4 filters to choose from. I'll check them all and see which one fits the best.
Thanks

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? And Now, A 1929 Durant D60

Any NAPA dealer should be able to help. Dot has a Kralinator on the firewall made in Ont, now part of some US Co years ago. You can't buy oil canisters for vehicles 1930 and up of any brand now and in Dots past this thing was put on the firewall. Took the now back to earth filter and what was a spring mess out, then went to NAPA and plonked the thing on the counter asking for a new filter. And what is that thing they asked ? Why an oil filter canister for a 1932 Durant. What else would it be, says I with a smile ? Long and short of it was, they had books for all filters and sizes and as long as they could measure the inside, width, depth, and center tube, they can supply a filter and did. I kept the box for future part number.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Don, also a Baldwin P174 fits nicely. Phil

Where Are You From? Portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

The Durant Motors Automobile Club