Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need a roof

Hi everyone,
Its been a while since I have been on here. The restoration is going slow. I am in need of a new roof for my M2. Can anyone point me in the right direction of someone that sells them?

Thanks,
Adam

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M2

Re: I need a roof

juliano's street rodders supplies has a kit for roofs...also Mac's Model A suppliers should have one.

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3

Adam
Do you need all the wood or just the leatherette material? If you need the wood then there are no kits out there, you have to use your old wood for a pattern. For the material there are several suppliers for the correct pattern for Durants. Frank W. could point you in the right direction.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Yes, I have a 1928 M2 that I'm trying to restore. I'm located in Indiana.
The leatherette material is the only thing that needs to be replaced. Thats right Frank has all the good connections on getting a few good parts for this old car.
Thanks so much for your help.

Adam

Do You own a car built by Durant? M2

Adam

If you are coming to Charleston this coming week, I think both Frank and Mike will be there, and you can have a conversation with them about the roof for your M2.

Now, if you need guidance for a roof for a building, I would be more than happy to give you some guidance. I just need to know, shingles, shakes, EPDM, modified, thatch, metal, canvas, or what ever.

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

No, I won't be attending in Charleston. Thank you for the invite. I just returned from a week long trip down south.
This car is a father son project. I'm just trying to track down a roof before the supplier stop supplying them. We aren't ready to put the roof on yet. We have a bunch of little stuff to do to the car first before we get to start it up for the first time since 1950's. We are currently struggling with getting the gas tank repaired. Someone had left a half a tank of gas in the tank and it ate through the metal. It needs to be replaced or fixed. Anyone know of someone that could help me with that?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M2

Adam
Any good sheet metal shop should be able to make one for you but make sure they get the baffles and holes for the fuel lines etc in the right place. Probably cost a couple hundred dollars though. Should be one around you somewhere. Get the car spruced up and bring it up to the fall meet in Michigan. Even if it's not done, make plans to show up and meet your fellow Durantonians.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

The Durant Motors Automobile Club