Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early Durant car colors

Got a question for everyone. Does anybody have any information on what colors the early Durants and Stars were painted prior to 1928. I posted the chart for the 1928 colors and we have good documentation on the colors after 1929, but what about the earlier cars. I know that black was common of course, and I've seen many restored A-22's in red for some reason and I know of one Blue A-22 that appears to be the original color, but what about other choices? Frank does your Star appear to be the original color (blue/green)? It would be interesting to find out what was offered prior to 1928.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Re: Early Durant car colors

This is the colors that Terry has listed for the 1923 A-22 (Durant Catalogue)
I'm thinking there are a couple of greens with the later A-22s

COLORS
(Sport Models): Maroon, Mottled Maroon, Dark Blue, Radio Blue,Mt. Hope Grey, Military Tan

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth , WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 / D 40 / 25 Flint

Re: Early Durant car colors

Hi Mike......

My 1927 Star sedan has some of the original paint showing where some of an old repaint has flaked off. It is a blue / green.

Some of my other cars have original paint but it is too weathered to be of any use for color matching.

I have color charts and some chips but they are for 1930 & up.

See you in Charleston......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

The Durant Motors Automobile Club