Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paint color

Anybody know which of the four greens offered in 1929 is a green/blue (it is more green than blue). I sure would like to put a name to it. Also what is the best modern substitute to match for touchups, laquer, enamel,..?? Thanks

Where Are You From? Duluth MN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 Durant coupe 60

Re: Paint color

Todd
If you go to www.autocolorlibrary.com and then look up Vintage vehicles and then go to first auto color codes you'll probably find the colors you are looking for. Unfortunately there is no quick lookup so you have to browse the colors. I found my Ambatta Green there which was a standard sedan color for 1928. You can also order the paint from them. As far as matching the paint up, that might be hard. First they used lacquer paint back then and with age the color can change. So even if you ordered a quart of the color listed it might come out different.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

The Durant Motors Automobile Club