Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts and other things

Dear friends,
I wanted to let everyone know how much I have enjoyed hosting the car meet last year. It made me feel very special to be part of such a wonderful group of people.

At the same time I have to apologize for my slow response on email or other.
Don't think I have forgotten, my life is pretty full right now and eventually I will get to all the emails that have come in and all other requests.

Recently I have received a few not so nice emails in regards of parts requests.
To make things clear for all out there that are under the impression that I am doing this as a business of mine. It started out in helping other Durantians in the restoration with the idea to bring back more cars to running condition. I ended up investing more time in other peoples projects rather then working on my car.
I am still full time in the work force also take care of my children part time. I will no longer repair or make parts. I have some left over parts that i will put on my website in a few month after I sorted through. I am also in the process of changing my webpage to avoid further miss understandings.

Heath reasons were also part of the decision for me to discontinue with making parts and working on my car. I will stay part of the club but for now have to sell my cars for what they are. Given a positive outcome in regards to my health I will be looking for a car that is finished and drivable in the near future.

I hope for your understanding and again apologize if my slow response have cause some bad feelings. Wish all of you a wonderful year to come.
Sincerely
Franz Fraitzl

Where Are You From? Vancouver

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: Parts and other things

Franz:
Sorry to hear that you feel beset upon. I know that we can be quite demanding of our fellow volunteer members. When we say we will do something, others feel that it will be "now" and not when we can find the time and energy to do the task.
We, as a club, appreciate all you have done for us. and I know many cars are on the road because of the marvelous work you have performed. Do not feel disheartened! Keep up the good work.
I am sorry that I was unable to attend your annual meeting, as you attended the one we had in Fort Erie and made a fine presentation.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Franz
Since most of us are not spring chickens anymore, most of us know what trials and tribulations life deals out for us. Sometimes the road of life is a bumpy one and other times the drive is smooth. Much like when the cars we love were new. As Gord has said you have been a valuable part of this club and your expertise has been very helpful to us all. I've ridden many times with Frank in his Star and your break fixing at Auburn has probably prolonged my life. Can't do anything about his driving though. Remember that the Durant Motors Automobile Club is more than just another car club, once a Durantonian always a Durantonian, a part of a car family. We hope that you health gets better, and you life slows down a bit so you can enjoy those wonderful children of yours and touring in the old cars. See you down the road!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Larry and I know first hand how hard it is to offer help to others, and most do not realize that it is not a full time business.. Many many thanks to you Franz for all that you have done to help others. Once in awhile life doesnt go as planned. I hope you will remain in the membership, and as Mike mentioned, you will always remain in the Durant family

Thanks again for taking on the daunting task of running a National meet.. I am sorry I could not attend, looks like everyone had a great time.
Best of luck to you and yours.

Where Are You From? S. Vermont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

Franz,

I am sorry to learn of you receiving any negative emails, please don’t let them get you down. You are a very talented person and in my opinion, have made a large contribution to the Durant Motors Automobile Club and its membership. I’m sure that I am correct in saying that many Durants and Stars on the road now are there in no small because of your time and effort; certainly I count mine as one of them.

Those people who were fortunate enough to have attended the meet in Vancouver, B.C. last year had a wonderful time. Speaking for myself, it will always be a fond memory. Those of us, who have organized such events in the past, know you invested a large amount of your time and energy into making everything happen. It’s no small task.

Thank you for inviting into your home last year and for taking time away from your full time and family to help us out. Now take time for your own health.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? two of them

Fritz,
i started the durant-star club in the 60's....i had to let it go due to health problems in the 70's...only to be screwed by the guy who offered to continue the club work...after the various club twists and turns of the 70-80's..yates got things going and here we all are....but back in the 70's, the nasty mouths lambasted me for the club 's problems as if it was a malicious intent by me to gyp them by becoming ill and overburdened......their ravings did nothing to help the club survive and their actions/offers to help were zero...no offers. talk is cheap...i say they are just greedy *******s who want only to know what is in it for themselves ...so screw them if they cannot take a joke.....the joke is on them because if and when things get better, they will be rewarded with "nothing"...exactly what they gave when they could have helped make things better......sorry for the rant but takers **** me off...you are aces to those of the club who understand what you have given us all these times...i wish you well...hope all turns out for the best...you deserve it.

regards, Gary K

Where Are You From? plmouth meeting, penna...southeastern pa.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 coupe and sedan, 1925 star model F

Hi Franz.....

Just to echo the other posts. You have done a great deal to help this Club. And I truly appreciate all you have done for me.

The Annual Meet that you single handily put on in Vancouver was an outstanding success. Everyone who attended had a great time and came away with a feeling of what this club is all about!

We must never forget that what makes this club so special is the people. The cars are great and give us a reason to get together. Over the years Cathy & I have made long lasting friendships with this great group.

You must take care of your family and health, first and foremost. Everything else is secondary.

Those of us who who offer goods and services to the DMAC do it as a labor of love and not an income producer. Most have full time jobs and family commitments. All other activities need to work around these.

I am proud to call you a friend!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

The Durant Motors Automobile Club