Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Misc. info.

Hello I am a new owner about to bring home a 29 model 60 coupe. Does anybody know if this car came with stock running boards that were wood?.Also was the rumble seat an option (can I add one) if it was not stock to this car?. Thanks Todd

Where Are You From? Duluth MN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 coupe model 60

Re: Misc. info.

I have a '29 M4 and Yes I think it had wood running boards and they are so easy to build.

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 M4

Hi Todd,

Yes the running boards are wood with a matt and molding on the edge...The Rumble seat was a factory option at slight extra charge, the trunk deck was reversed hinged and required additional hardware and slide...There are a couple good pictures of the Rumble and some of its hardware in our photographs "Tony Burke model 60 coupe"...Also, if you go to our links page then Durantcars.com then Durant catalogue and look up the Model 60, this has all the standard and Deluxe equiptment listed...I have been concidering adding a Rumble to my 29 model 40 coupe...Hope this helps, Bill

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 touring / 40 coupe / H-40 Flint

Thanks, I was sweating that out wondering wear in the heck will I get repalcement metal boards.I will now only have to track down the measurements and make them.

Once I pick up car I will have a closer look. hopefully it is set up for the rumble seat, the rear deck was off the car when I looked at it and did not notice. Thanks

Well I have been working hard on the car, no rumble seat set up just a standard lid. Can any body provide the wood dimensions for the running boards:length,width,thickness, and wood species? Thanks

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 Durant coupe 60

The Durant Motors Automobile Club