Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Making another trip south. Free parts delivery available.

I am heading south in Feb. for a vacation. Have an empty 1 ton pickup . If anyone needs parts brought down I can take a pretty good load and the cost of shipping would be saved . I will be travelling from Kamloops B C t the East Kootenays. Then head south across the border on Hwy 15 Figure to travel on 15 to a little south of Pheonix (Maricopa). Anyone along the route can meet me and get what ever it is we can haul. I have a lot of 30 durant parts as well if anyone needs things.Just ask and we will see what can be arranged.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Making another trip south. Free parts delivery available.

Hi Ken,
Did we ever get together on a couple of 19" wood spoke wheels with Rims? I think we talked before, maybe last year on this, but can't remember the details or outcome?

I can provide measurements, etc. on my existing two if you need, but think they (wheels) should bolt on to my 30 spindles Okay (Not sure?)? The 30 Durant spindles should probably be standard, right? And if you have the rims to fit the wheels then I would be in great shape, ready to mount tires. Say how about used 19" inch Tires? Ken while I'm thinking on it; how about also Hood sides with the pretty Sideways Horizontal openings? Would they interchange to my Hood top, to replace the Vertical louvered sides? Do you have any of those hood sides.

Maybe if you got two good sets (Wheels & Rims w/ Clamps plus Bolts, and poss. Tires)for my 30 Durant 610 model and/or Hood sides we could put something together moneywise. We could then have them shipped from Phoenix Az.to me in FLorida? Maybe in a few packages, that would sure help me out!! Of course I would pay all Packing plus the Az. to Fl. shipping too via Greyhound bus, or something else.

Let me know what you think about any or all of this? Ken any help would sure be appreciated. In any case have a good safe trip, comming down South.

E-mail here or at work: lance.chabot@eglin.af.mil or call my Cell Phone after 8AM till 10PM CST: 850-240-4912.
Thanks, Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

Re: Making another trip south. Free parts delivery available.

Lance
We did talk a few times on the rims and wheels.--I have 4 rims -and a set of wood spoke wheels but the sokes would have to be replaced--in all the wheels. Have a lot of other stuff but no body parts except a dash panel and the metal cladding for along the doors
I have most of the running gear except a tranny and the gears for the rear axle are not the best The crown gear looks okay but the pinion is worn to a sharp edge so not much good Have a set of brake shoes that need to be relined and a lot of brake parts for all 4 wheels as well as brake rods have a complete 6 cyl engine that would have to be rebuilt but looks okay . I have too many parts to start listing but if you tell me what you want I will see if I can supply it You know my prices are cheap but freight is a killer I can haul to maricopa( south of pheonix) and I will be travelling down hwy 15 from B C to there any where between the two points would work for a delivery of to meet and exchange the parts for cash I have a lot of small parts and am going to get rid of most of them soon so ask and we will see what I have .
Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club