Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Partner

Carol:

Just got the latest issue of "The Durant Partner" and once again you have made it a superlative issue. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole issue and congratulate you on your efforts.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Re: Durant Partner

I agree Gord.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

I am also very happy with the issue-- It is great. Always wait to get it and sit down and gom through it from cover to cover--then my wife does the same. Best club magazine I have seen
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Carol,
I agree with the others... A great job... Keep up the excellent work.

Yates and Doris

Where Are You From? Four Oaks ,NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23 Durant Touring

What does the cover look like i haven't got mine yet?

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 M4

Don, maybe your mailman is enjoying it too?

All members in located in the U.S. should have received their copy by now. Send an email to Carol and she can send you a replacement copy.

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? two of them

I do have it thanks anyway DON

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 M4

I'm envious mine is still not here wahhhhh

Where Are You From? Westminster, Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 22 A-22

Many Thanks for all the complements.. you all are a great bunch, and it is my pleasure to help with the magazine..
Anyone in the US that did not get an issue should let me know,as you should have it by now, and we will send out another one. Since we mail out first class, undeliverable issues should come back to me, but so far I have only received two..
Enjoy!

Where Are You From? Southern VT

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many :)

Carol

As of the US Mail today, Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 1200 zulu, we have not received the Durant Partner. Thanks

charlie and peggy

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Ah so that's it then Charlie, the US mail service.
Still waiting for the steeldraulic brake pliers off ebay since Nov 1st, sent to me USPS 1st class mail. USPS parcel post normally takes a couple of days to me, so 1st class must be weeks then.

Both Gord and myself got Partner no problems and shortly after Carol mailed them.

Norm

In August Peg mailed a package to our friends in Hawaii. Because I collect stamps, we put stamps on the package, but the post office still has to put a postage meter on the package. That day Peg took 3 packages to the post office, the clerk put a meter on two of the three. The one to Hawaii was not delivered, rather it was returned to us, SEVEN weeks after it was mailed. The box looked like it had been dropped from an airplane.

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

I worked for MetLife and you started in the mailroom if a male and central files if a female. One of the Met fellows collected stamps and would buy the top two and bottom two rows of sheets of stamps with plate numbers. Sell these to a Met branch office in Ottawa to use when mailing in the daily paperwork. He would then come to the mailroom to cut off the stamps for his collecting. He didn't always get them all . Of course he complained and was told they were Met property and anyone had the chance to gather stamps. He got about 98 % anyway.

I can recall talking to a customer 3 blocks away from Met who wanted an annuity quote mailed to him. Took over 3 weeks to go 3 blocks. Could have walked it to him. So much for "Royal" mail. Its improved since then.

Just not sure about this seller looking at his record. Had a few feedbacks for none delivery of items. These are gray mid point feedbacks so don't affect his positive feedback score at selling. Only red ones do. Should include those as well to bring his rating down.

Take part of it back .. pliers arrived today and 1st class mail franked Nov 1st from NJ. Another thought was customs hold up for cost more than $20, and HST etc required. Not the problem as under stated to avoid it.

Anyway just to make sure we are talking about the same thing... vol 13 issue three (fall issue), with Peter Hepworth's 1923 touring on the cover arrived in late Sept, right after the Vancouver national meet. Too soon for any meet pics. Vol 13 issue 4 has not arrived yet, but it shouldn't come out until December anyway. Maybe Gordo got his fall issue late?(see first post) Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 coupe

i lost all my gathered durant-star club literature because of a canadian postal strike in the 70's....if the guy who sent them was truthful...just thought i would add my insult to the pile. ...no reason...!!!!lol
Hey charlie, i have a load of stamps in a collection . we should talk..i am not a collector of stamps..got it in an estate i sold off. if interested..call or email
regardfs, gary

Where Are You From? plmouth meeting, penna...southeastern pa.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 coupe and sedan, 1925 star model F

Ross:
You are right. It does take a lot longer to get anything shipped from the USA to Canada. The issue I received in early November was the issue showing the 1923 Touring and had the Guelph pictures on the reverse. A really nice issue.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

The Durant Motors Automobile Club