Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"THE CAR THAT STARTED IT ALL" IS FOR SALE

DEAR DURANT FRIENDS,
THE 1930 DURANT MODEL 6-14 4 DOOR SEDAN CURRENTLY ON EBAY IS "THE CAR THAT STARTED IT ALL"...IT WAS THE DURANT I BOUGHT IN THE 1960'S THAT SENT ME TO HERSHEY WEARING A SIGN THAT ASKED..."WHAT THE HECK IS A DURANT". THE 20 OR SO MEN THAT STOPPED AND TALKED TO ME AND GAVE ME THEIR NAMES AND ADDRESSES FOR A LIST OF DURANT OWNERS BECAME THE "DURANT STAR OWNERS CLUB"
AND THE ROOT OF THE WONDERFUL GROUP WE HAVE TODAY.
I HOPE SOMEONE BUYS IT AND FINISHES THE RESTORATION I STARTED. MR BEHAL, HE BOUGHT IT FROM ME FOR $1900 AND RUGS FOR THE FIRST FLOOR OF OUR HOME..MUCH TO MARCIA'S DELIGHT...HE NEVER TOUCHED IT AFTER TAKING IT HOME TO "DURANT , IOWA". HE TOLD ME HE WANTED TO DRIVE A DURANT IN THE ANNUAL DURANT DAY PARADE. IT NEVER WAS TO BE. THE CAR SAT JUST AS I GAVE IT TO HIM UNTIL NOW... UNFORTUNATELY I JUST BOUGHT TWO MODEL 60 1929 DURANTS LAST SUNDAY SO I AM OUT OF CAR PLAYING
MONEY FOR NOW. IT WAS DONE BY A PROFESSION SHOP AND THE ENGINE IS REBUILT THO IT WILL NEED ANOTHER HEAD SINCE THE ONE ON IT WAS SHAVED TOO MUCH. YOU CAN OWN THE CAR THAT WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR CLUB.
GOOD LUCK, GARY K

Where Are You From? penna.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 1929 model 60 durants,; 1 star 1925 model f roadster

Re: "THE CAR THAT STARTED IT ALL" IS FOR SALE

bid was up to $1500...moving slow...i hope a club member gets it....

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 1929 model 60 durants,; 1 star 1925 model f roadster

last few minutes and the price is still under $3000.
its probably only worth $3500 max and i think they reserve toward $5000 or so...i think it may not make reserve.

contact david behal if you wish to make an offer...it didn't make reserve of 4300.....

The Durant Motors Automobile Club