Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Door and window handle trim

I need the rossettes? (think that is a good name) that go under the handles and over the upholstery for the door and window cranks. I could use a total of six. Any one know where I can find these things?
Slowly but surely this car is coming together. One day soon I hope to drive it.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Door and window handle trim

Ken McCormick
I need the rossettes? (think that is a good name) that go under the handles and over the upholstery for the door and window cranks. I could use a total of six. Any one know where I can find these things?
Slowly but surely this car is coming together. One day soon I hope to drive it.
I could also use A latch for the rumble seat lid
Ken

Ken They are called escutcheons and I'm sure they are not being reproduced. A swap meet item unless someone has some spares. Don't try the handles without something under them, even if not original. Upholstery will tend to 'wind up' over time. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

They are 8 sided plates (escutcheons) used on the 614's for 30 and 31, Durant / Dominion Motors. I've not found any repro for those. 32 is entirely different and seem to use 1930 Essex handles. I assume Dominion bought up handles / escutcheons from the defunct Essex Motors and used them on 614 / 618 1932 only.

Only seen one ebay sale offering 3 of your type in 4 years. Yep best bet is spares by an 614 owner or flea markets.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Ken
Check out the guy that advertises on our site from Australia. He has various ecutcheons for the 20's cars at around $38 a piece australian. I don't know if he has them to match yours, but he does make them to match what my car had on them. I have purchased his door handles from him and the quality was great.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Heres the Ebay pic from a few years ago.

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club