Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
weather stripping

Anyone know where I can get the weather stripping for around the windows of my car . The track the glass runs in. Also need the rubber gasket material used around the doors and rumble seat lid . Any help would be appreciated.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant 614 rumble deluxe seat coupe

Re: weather stripping

Ken, check these people out.

http://restorationspecialties.com/

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Ken- Not sure what you need for the rumble seat lid. There are two rubber bumpers that fit into tabs toward the upper part of the rain channel. I used big pieces of rubber block that I cut and sanded to fit The doors don't have any weatherstripping. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Hi Ken.....

For windshield weather stripping use 1929 Chevy (for the roll up windshield) Available from The Filling Station.

Window channel from just about any antique Ford Supplier as well as other restoration suppliers.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Ken, You can get the weather stripping from the old car center in Langley about 3 blocks from the hotel we staying in for the Durant Annual gathering last month.

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star depression pickup

Here's Lance's mail to us all when he rebuilt the 619. I got the sending cover a few years ago and its identical to orig. Lance must have forgotten D's inc 611, 618 and F's were made to 32 with same parts ,ha ha.

Now some other critical things that are available for the rare 407, 612, 614, 619 Durant cars are the strange looking crank up windshield cowl rubber molding and the two side guides as a kit for $86.20 part number 70-0016-32 from Steele Rubber Products and they also have the gas tank sending unit round rubber cover for in the back for $44.50 part number 10-0010-44. These are actually listed under Durant and a couple door guide stops that don’t fit. So don’t bother with them. I think the reason they are available is all these particular rubber parts fit on the 30 Chevy and 30 Buick so a lot more demand. The rubber gas sending unit round cover also fits on my 1929 Durant model 6-66 and on Rick’s 1929 Durant sport roadster and on the 1930 614 Durant cars. So I hope some of this info helps you out there.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club