Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A-22 Durant Questions

Hello.

First, i´d like to excuse me for my english, because i´am from germany. I try to write as good as possible. Hope you can understand me.

My boss buy last week a durant Typ A22 Touring or Sport Touring. The car was looked in stone walls for many years in the city of hamburg. Lucky, because it is in good condition. Then it was owned by an old man who can´t restore the car because of his bad health.

Yesterday, i spent time on the engine, adjust ignition, add fuel and: it runs! Great thing! who knows how long the engine stand´s still.

Now i had a few questions:

We found an engine number 147355. But there is no typ plate on the firewall. where is the frame number at the chassis? What Year?

I think it is not a sport modell?

Who exportet the durant cars and who sold it in europe?

The car has an kilometer speedometer, so i think its build specally for export?

Some Pictures:

Thanks René

Where Are You From? Dresden / Germany

Do You own a car built by Durant? No,but my boss did^^

Re: A-22 Durant Questions

Hi Rene......

Welcome to the world of Durants !

Interesting car and history.

I forwarded your posting to our Technical adviser for the early Durants. You can find the tech advisers on the "contact Us' button to the left.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club