Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1926 Star in Oct Auction and MANY early Cars.

All, Frank,
There is a 1926 Star car ("cut coupe"?) in the VanDerBrink Auctions listing (Tel:507-673-2517, 605-201-7005 or www.vanderbrinkauctions.com); in "The Johnson Collection", on page 107 of the new Oct 2011 Hemmings magazine.

Auction is 15 October at La Moure,North Dakota 58458 (30 miles south equally between Bismark and Fargo N.D. and about 30 miles North of South Dakota).

Maybe someone up there can get to this auction; or Bids will be accepted by on-line bidding or by phone.

Also Frank (and all); by the same auction company there is a very large Brass and early Parts auction;"The Homer Edmiston Collection Estate Auction" being held Oct 1st & 2nd at Greenwood, Ne. 68366, With No reserve and On-line bidding and several Restored pre 1917 early BUICK, Maxwell, Cadillac, Olds, Overland, REO, Brush, Ford, Metz etc. and Hundreds of early parts! Also many projects, bodys, etc. This auction notice got a Full Page in Hemmings (Page 106, Oct 2011)

Hope someone saves the 26 Star? and also perhaps some parts (or a Car)at the other auction.
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

Re: 1926 Star in Oct Auction and MANY early Cars.

Hi Lance.....

Thanks for the heads up on the auctions.

Don Shilling and I think the Star is the remains of a Coupster. With all the top missing that would be a difficult restoration, Looks to be an interesting auction.

The Edmiston auction would be a great one for early brass. Sure wish it was closer. There has been a lot of discussion on the AACA forum about it.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: 1926 Star in Oct Auction and MANY early Cars.

Hi Frank,
Thanks for your reply, hope the club makes these 2 auctions! Also there is another "300 car" collector auction coming up in late Oct. in Westville Ok. 74965, mid-eastern border of OK, 20 miles west from Fayetteville Ark.

CLUB Note: My truck & trailer is empty now so if any club member Needs something hauled North I will be heading up to Oklahoma from Florida about 20 Oct.

Seems a Mr. Whitely collected almost 300 cars, then just parked them in his fields but never sold anything.The family is getting rid of it all via auction, or then by CRUSHER two weeks later! (Very Sad but too common!!) These are "Field" cars but with the number of interesting cars listed "the Crusher" borders on a crime! The listing has maybe 300 collector cars; like 20's/30's Ford's plus an early 23 Franklin sedan and a 17 Pierce Arrow ("sedan made into a Pickup")and many Packards, Buicks and Cadillac's listed, mostly complete and untouched(?).

I'll be there getting some 50's Cadillac parts (cars?)and looking over things, plus checking for the club. Some "Teens" and 20's cars, and LOTs of 30's to 50's cars and many convertibles! I will probably see 30 cars that are saveable that I like; all too sad.

I will be heading North 20 Oct as I will be at this VanDerBrink Auction listing (Tel:507-673-2517, 605-201-7005 or www.vanderbrinkauctions.com); for "The Whitely Collection", pg. 107 of the new Oct 2011 Hemmings magazine. Probably returning 23/24 Oct.

Note: Again my truck & trailer is empty now so if any club member Needs something hauled North I will be heading up to Oklahoma from Florida about 20 Oct, returning 23/24 Oct 11.

I would be happy to meet someone on the way coming or going and deliver for them whatever along the way. Cell phone : 850-240-4912.

Thanks again, Lance C,

Where Are You From? Niceville, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

The Durant Motors Automobile Club