Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lost interest and time

Some one needs this more than me. Restoration started years ago and stored in my barn. Pictures available.

Where Are You From? Damascus, Or.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star 4 door sedan

Re: Lost interest and time

Len,
Sorry to hear that. I still have the "Interest" but also am begining to think that I have more cars than Time, Energy...or Money; and also Heartbeats!!

It scares me to think what will happen to my car collection when I go to that great "Car Corral" up in the sky some day. No one I know close by is interested in them, my son lives out in L.A. Calif. in a condo, and my brother says; "Please, Please, don't call me, or put me in your will" Ha,Ha.

Good luck with your sale,
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

It's the same heartbreak faced by nearly every old, classic-type family farmer. He may have preserved his farm and it's history for generations, often in tribute to his forebearers. But when the probate auction comes, it's all sold to the highest bidder, usually the local scrappers, and much personal stuff, such as photo albums, may get trashed. Then the buyer of the land comes in and bulldozes the building site and adds to his commercial-size operation. Three or four generations after our forebearers left peasanthood and risked life and limb to take up a dream, it's all lost. You have to find someone to give it to before it's too late. But, who?

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

CDMN
We are working on the infrastructure so those looking for a home for their cars and or interesting Durant articles, items etc can donate them to the DMAC. We are about to start a Museum/Collection effort to try and save some of this valuable stuff that is floating about on Durant and Durant Motors, including Star, Flint, Rugby etc. both here in the US and around the world. Many individuals have a special bond with their cars and collections and don't have any heirs or have heirs that are just not interested. Rather than let them go to the dump or junk yard or be discarded by people who don't appreciate them, why not donate them to the DMAC Museum so future generations can enjoy and be able to restor these cars we love so much. There will be more on this in you Durant Partner, so watch the future issues.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

I had a chance to visit with Len on Saturday and see his 1925 Star 4 door sedan. It has spent most of it's life in the last 50+ years stored in a barn/garage. It was originally from Washington and now Oregon and was last licensed in 1965. It has been partially disassembled (wood) and the frame/running gear was cleaned up a long time ago. He has an extra gas tank, steering column, etc. It has steel wheels, hubcaps, grill and emblem. Len wants to move the Star out of his garage as he has another project that he wants to proceed with. I took some photo's but was unable to post. I sent them to Frank and he will post for me. If you have any questions, give me a call@ 503-970-6765 Phil Peters

Where Are You From? Portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

Here are the pictures Phil took of this Star......

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

The Durant Motors Automobile Club