Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Missing Chrome piece (Part of Canopy top mechanism.)

I am looking for a small chromed piece that is on either side of the car near the back past the rear door. Mine is a touring. Not sure of the name of it. It seems like a cap but screws on and is part of the whole canopy top mechanism. Any help as to where I could find such an item. I have one of them the other must of fell off on the way to a show ? THanks for any help

Where Are You From? New Jersey

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1923 Touring

Re: Missing Chrome piece (Part of Canopy top mechanism.)

Hi David......

I think what you are describing is called a top prop nut.

It is @ 1 1/2 inch in diameter and screws onto the threaded stud that the top bows attach to.

If this is what you need they are available from antique Ford parts sources. Available in painted, chromed or stainless steel.

Part number T-37708-D for the nut, and B-52250 for the special lock washer. If you use the lock washer you won't loose the nut.

Hope this helps.....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Re: Missing Chrome piece (Part of Canopy top mechanism.)

Thanks so much for your help I will look into it. Thanks again for taking the time to help.

Where Are You From? New Jersey

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1923 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club