Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need parts

I'm the new owner of an Durant D65 Touring from 1928. She comes from GB and before from Uruguay. Now I've found, that the wire wheels are not the original ones. The have five wheel bolts and not four. In the past, the original wheel hubs for wooden artillery wheels are converted in a horribly and not acceptible way to wheel hubs for wire wheels with five bolts. Now I'am searching for original wheel hubs for wire wheels and/or for wooden wheels and for wooden wheels too. If there are no parts, I'm interested in an blueprint with technical datas for these parts.
Kind regards
Thomas Dohna

Where Are You From? Germany, Leopoldshöhe

Do You own a car built by Durant? D 65 Touring

Re: Need parts

Hi Thomas,

Durants of 1928 and 1929 came with wire wheels as part of the Deluxe model package. Most wire wheels were four bolts, but some came with five bolts.

Spoke wheels and wire wheels are not interchangeable. The wood wheel is permanently attached to the brake drum, while the wire wheel is bolted to a hub on the drum. To convert the car to wood spoke wheels you also need to change the drums. I viewed your Durant webpage (very nice) but was not able to get a good look at the wheels on your D65, do you have a larger picture?

Rick

Hi Rick!
This day is the first day without rain. I will take some photos and send you some.

Thomas

Where Are You From? Germany, Leopoldshöhe

Do You own a car built by Durant? D 65 Touring

Hello, We have recently purchased a star wooden spoke wheel that may be what you are looking for. If you are interested please contact us
regards, Dean & Laura

Where Are You From? Toronto, Canada

Can anyone explain the processes for shipping overseas? My nearest port would be Duluth, MN. I suppose the items have to be crated and delivered to a shipping broker? What about a complete container?

Also, what other years and models have the same wheels?

Where Are You From? MN

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club