Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paint Color

Does anyone have paint chips that covers the 1929 Durants? Specifically my color is blue body, black fenders and grey trim but there are only 2 blues listed on the paint color list on the tech page. Any help would be appreciated. Phil

Where Are You From? Portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

Re: Paint Color

Phil,

I turned over the Cowl bonnet rod bracket that holds the top of the bonnet to cowl and spent some time with the paint shop owner and picked International Harvestor "Mawson Blue" as the closet to the original colour under the bracket. This is a Teal Blue. You may get some idea by looking at my car under Durant photos on this web site. Polishes up very nicely.
Regards

Where Are You From? Canberra ACT Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D66 sedan

Re: Paint Color

Phil, I ended up doing the same thing, however, my color blue is darker then yours.
I think mine is "Tunis Blue" and I have since found a gentlemen in Ohio who has the original Acme White Lead and Color Works paint chips. I ordered one so will know soon. Phil

Where Are You From? Portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

The Durant Motors Automobile Club