Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How Hot Is It, Momma?

Yeah, it's warm down here in Texas, 103.2 in the shade today.
Went fishin' yesterday and caught a catfish,,,,,,,, it had ticks on it,,,,,,,,
Birds out here in the yard kickin' up dust looking for fried worms,,,,,,,,

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe

Re: How Hot Is It, Momma?

Don,
Yup hot down here on the Gulf Coast of Florida too; 100+ but not unusual! We go swiming just by going outside(not to the ocean!). The weather people Cap the heat index at only 127 degrees in the Summer so as not too SCARE the tourists (look up 99 degrees with 99 percent humidity). I miss your Dry heat in Texas, New Mexico,or Arizona. 100 degrees there feels like only 85 here! It was over 120 in my garage yesterday also with high humidity added,so had to go outside to cool off in the Sun, Ha,Ha.

But I sure do hate the Cold and Winter, that's why I love it here.

Take care,
Lance

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Do You own a car built by Durant? 28 Locomobile 8-70, 25 Loco JR-8 Brougham, 26 Loco JR-8 Sedan, and JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

It's strange when it's cooler in Central Florida than other parts of the country. Mere 95 yesterday but humidity was high. Got back last week from Manassas, Virginia and the 150th anniversary Civil War reenactment of the 1st battle was 103 degrees on the field not including the heat index when we took the field on Saturday. Hottest I've ever been wearing the wool uniform. Strange weather for sure lately. Too hot to work on my car in the garage even with a fan on.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Hasn't reached 90F yet this summer here. Not enough warm days in a row to dry the moss off our backs. I was on a rallye over the weekend down on the coast-we had to wear our jackets most of the time. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 coupe

Hasn't reached 90F yet this summer here. Not enough warm days in a row to dry the moss off our backs. I was on a rallye over the weekend down on the coast-we had to wear our jackets most of the time. Ross

Ahhhhhhh,,, I feel better just thinking about that!!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club