Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early A-22 Durant touring parts for Sale

Hi All.....

Got a lead and some pictures of an early A-22 Durant touring for sale near Salt Lake City.

Its all apart, some body parts and mechanical. Could be some usable parts for a member.

Most of the running gear is there, body tub but I don't see any doors. Motor looks complete, early vacuum tank on manifold. Wood spoke wheels. Has windshield and spare tire irons.

Owner wants it to go to a good home.

Contact me for details. I can email pictures and contact phone number.

See Y'all in Vancouver......Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: Early A-22 Durant touring parts for Sale

Frank-
I know this is an almost three-year-old thread I'm resurrecting, but do you know if this collection of A-22 parts ever found a good home?

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kansas

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Hi Todd....

I think they did, but can't remember the details....

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

Good morning Todd,
Yes, I picked that A-22 up on my way home from Ca and AZ...We already had a Flint in our enclosed carhauler but managed to get the A-22 parts car in and around and under the Flint including the A-22 frame under the Flint...We had to shift the load around so the trailer wouldn't whip but managed to get back to WA ok....Was their something in particular you were looking for?

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Thanks for the response guys. Bill, that sounds like quite a load, but I'm glad the parts were saved. I am on constant alert for an original A22 engine since I am currently running a Star W4 in my car. But, I am especially in need of a 23" split style rim so I can have a usable spare for touring purposes.
-Todd

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Todd There was a rim for the A-22 (5 lug) on ebay a few weeks ago. It was like $9 with no bidders. You might be able to search the closed auctions. I'll keep an eye out.

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3- A-22, B-22, 633

Bob-
Do you happen to remember what some of the wording in the title might have been on that auction? Ebay won't let you search in the description on closed listings. I really, really appreciate the tip. Thanks.
-todd

Won't do you any good Todd. Closed is closed. After x days no one sees the items. Seller / buyer do until transactions completed. Or watched items if you put it there. If relisted it will tell you in your watched items. Again a set time period if not relisted and won't be if you click on it past that time period.

This is off my feedback page Detailed item information is not available for the following items because the Feedback is over 90 days old.

Of course if you know the ebay handle of the seller and see another item, you can talk to him / her about the item they had before.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Yeah, I'm pretty much resigning myself to running a 1/2" diameter smaller spare in the unlucky event I have to use it. That, or I may try to convert a Model T rim I have laying around into a 5 lug rim by adding and repositioning tabs.

Todd,

Give me an email in about 5 weeks to remind me, I should be back in Leavenworth, WA for the summer then...I should have a 5 lug rim to get you out of trouble.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Thanks Bill. To be sure, that is a split rim 5 lug, not a clincher right?

No, it would be a 5 lug split rim (streight sides)....I wasn't aware that their was such a thing as a 5 lug clincher...I do know that 5 lug rims for our A-22s are scarse as hens teeth, I haven't heard of them being used on any other application other than the A-22.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three

The Durant Motors Automobile Club