Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Part needed

I have a big need for a part. The vacuum fuel assist is broken. The hose attached to it was bumped and the vaccuum line broke off. It is pot metal so it will not weld very easy. Any help on locating this part would be a great help.
Thanks

Where Are You From? Raleigh, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 614 Deluxe Coupe

Re: Part needed

What engine do you have Steve?

Dave

Where Are You From? Iowa

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Steve, email me a pic of your broken part. I have several core units.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

If it is a 614 it doesn't have a vacuum tank. He may need a fuel pump.

Dave

Where Are You From? Iowa

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Steve:
Can you post pictures of the broken part? It would help. Sounds like you have a broken fuel pump casting.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Gordon- Wouldn't the main body casting of our fuel pumps be common, just the actuating arm be specific to the 22A? In case he can't find the whole pump? Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 coupe

Ross:
You are absolutely right. Many of the pump bodies are the same, as long as they have the same hole pattern for the diaphraghm. Some of the bodies are slightly different in the valving, but this doesn't always make a difference. Many of the English cars were using this same pump up into the sixties. There are several tractors which also use the same pump.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Hi All....

F-12 & F-14 Farmall tractors use the exact same pump.

They bolt right up to the 22A motor. Rebuilt pumps and kits are available from the Fordson House in Michigan.

See Y'all in Vancouver......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Hi Steve,
I live only 20 miles from Raleigh. Did not see you listed in 2011 Roster. I had a 30 614 Sedan. Give me a call at 919-989-9603. Will see if I have what you may need.

Yates Milton

Where Are You From? Four Oaks ,NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23Durant A22 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club