Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Radiator Cap and Moto-Meter

I just bought a 1926 Star Four Coupe, looking for a radiator cap with a moto-meter an it, Anyone have a source or a spare, Please let me know. Thank you for your time. Regards, Kerry

Where Are You From? Northwest Missouri

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Four Coupe

Re: Radiator Cap and Moto-Meter

Hi Kerry,

Congrats on your new purchace...As one option on a motometer/cap you might concider a reproduction...Model A offers both a locking type or screw on cap for motometers, as well as an 8" dogbone...Problem is that the model A caps are 2" dia and I believe your Star will be
1 3/4" so what some members, myself included are doing is to machine a threaded bushing to adapt, If you would like to add a winged base they have them as well...Some model A outlets will have junior motometers with a boyce face and no Ford logo, or at larger swap meets there are usually vendors that will have a black blank faced motometers and can insert a Star-4 orniment which looks nice..I have gotten several at the Chickasha meet...Anyway, lots of posibilities in the wonderful world of reproduction...It is possiable that Frank may have something made up.

Bill

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 Touring / Model 40 Coupe

Hi Kerry.....

Mike Butters should have the molds for the radiator cap.

Check the parts & services directory.

Welcome to the world of Durant's & Star's enjoy your "new" car......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Thank you Bill and Frank for the tech tips and search ops. Will give it a try, Thanks again, Best Regards, Kerry

Where Are You From? Northwest Missouri

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Four Coupe

Re:1926 Rugby F Radiator Cap and Tail-light.

WANTED:
Can anyone help me find a Winged Radiator Cap and Tail- Light
for a 1926 F Rugby Roadster
Thankyou.

Where Are You From? New Zealand

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes - Rebuilding a 1926 F Rugby Roadster.

Do you have an idea what a Motometer that says Durant is worth? I have one that has been sitting on my desk since 1968

Where Are You From? Oklahoma City

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Good to see you Saturday the cap looked way cool on the 29 steel hoping to work something out with you. Ray

Where Are You From? Oklahoma City

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club