Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2011 Annual Meet in Vancouver B.C.

The date is set to our next meet.
It will be September 14 to 18 2011.
I will try to get the tour schedule out in the next magazine.
Hope to see you all in Vancouver and area.

Where Are You From? North Vancouver,B.C. Canada

Re: 2011 Annual Meet in Vancouver B.C.

Good , I guess. Now I'll have to start looking again for a bargain on a cruise as good as the one on sale for that week. It would have cost us $644. for 7 days.
Can't win all of them. BUT Thanks
Jack & Mary

Where Are You From? Whitby, ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas.
Just waiting to hear back from the hotel on cost for rooms and the services they will supply. Have the tour figured out and it will be fun and we will cover a lot of area as well as sites. Including a hands on CNC parts reproduction in my shop.

Regards
Franz Fraitzl

Franz,
Sounds like a great idea and location!! My brother used to live on Kipsalano (sp) Beach. Awhile back I had a great visit with him; he took me to a heated indoor Olympic Pool for night swiming, then a downtown locals waterfront "seafood" cafe for the best Cod dinners (covered 2 plates)and teriffic King Crab dinners(3 feet across) all for VERY cheap under $10 bucks a meal! Stanley Park was great too(nature trails) as was the near by Golf courses (mountain views).The Newer downtown was great shopping. Later we delivered boats that he sold, across Vancover Harbor at night in the Spring...the harbor lights were Beautiful!! An unforgetable Teriffic visit.

Looking forward to trying to do it again with the club!!

Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 28 Locomobile 8-70, 25 Loco JR-8 Brougham, 26 Loco JR-8 Sedan, and JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Added hotel information to events page.
Added link to left side menu bar.

rick

Only one question--Whats the price of the rooms??
I am sure a lot of others would also like to know
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Ken, there are several rates, I think the one most people will use is $99 for a king bed. Click on the 2011 National meet link on the left and you'll be able to download the full hotel brochure.

Rick

If you look at the info on the website, there are several room rates depending upon what you need/want. The location in nice, especially if you are driving across the US border from Washington.

We plan on arriving on Wednesday, and depart either Sunday or Monday, and fly to Anchorage for a few days. Peg and I are looking forward to the DMAC in September.

charlie and peggy

Where Are You From? NJ CA HI

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Hi All.......

Looks like another great DMAC event.

Cathy & I will be there.

We plan on flying in, so what is the best airport to use??

Thought of driving the Star, but would need to leave today to get there in time!!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Frank

the choice of airports is a function of which airport you are departing from. Peg and I plan on flying from Newark to Seattle, and driving across the border into Canada. Ours is a non-stop flight, otherwise we would have been changing planes somewhere.

Also a reminder to everyone, if you are flying into Canada you need a passport, if you are driving into Canada, you either need a Passport or a passport ID card. Your drivers license is good for driving, but it will not get you across the border.

See you in Vancouver.

Frank
I would say Vancouver International Its right close to where the meet is and has all the amenities you may need. You can rent a car there if you want or if someone is picking you up its close by. Otherwise--Seattle is the nearest U S airport . Waiting to renew our aquaintance with all you yankees-- Show you some good old canuck hospitality.
See you in Vancouver.
Ken and Norma

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Right you are Charles. Since 9/11 we are prisoners of our own countries now, without passport or special drivers license, going either way. Another gift from the Taliban head honcho.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Frank

From PHL, it looks like you can fly into Vancouver via Chicago on United, via Houston on Continental, via Toronto on Air Canada. There are similar options if you depart PIT. If you fly into Canada no matter what airline, you need passport. If you fly to Seattle and drive across you can use passport, passport ID card, or a special drivers license, but I not think PA issues one of those.

For those that do not have a passport, apply for one soon so that you are not playing deadline issues.

Common Charlie, when I grew up in Delaware I always heard the Jersey drivers were the worst. Don't pick on Frank at least he drives his Star OK or at least he always tells me when I ride with him that the stearing tends to wonder a bit on the Star's.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Mike

what does your comment have to do with the information that I posted?

Nothing Charlie, had one of those senior moments I guess and posted this in the wrong place. Thought I was in another post. Sorry!

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

hey commander sir...maybe he was blinded by those stars on your lapel...after all you are a general to us for all you do for the club....private k

Where Are You From? PENNA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH ; 1925 STAR F ROADSTER

Mike and Gary

The good thing is we can have fun.

Peg and I are really looking forward to the meet in Vancouver. For us it will be at least a two week trip, with stops in Seattle, Vancouver, Anchorage, Fairbanks, North Pole, Hot Chena Springs, and probably a couple of other cities.

Charlie
If you are going to the north pole be sure to bring a lot of ready cash. The tourist shops there have a lot of stuff to sell but they want a good price for it too. Maybe because its all brought in "air mail" by santas reindeer.
Pretty nice area though and well worth seeing.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Made my Vancouver reservations. Coming out and will arrive on Thursday at noon time.Looking foward to meeting our western Durantonians

Where Are You From? Staten Island New York

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring

Peg and I have our airfare. What an itinerary we have. EWR to SEA, SEA to ANC, ANC to FAI, FAI to ANC, ANC to EWR, with driving trips to Vancouver, Chena Hot Springs, North Pole, and who knows where else at this point in time. Will do hotels tomorrow, but we are really looking forward to this trip. We look forward to seeing our Durant friends on Sept 14.

I've added the tour schedule tot he events section and you can download the schedule as a PDF file on some browsers and view it with others by clicking on the link below.

Rick

Tour Agenda

I just posted an updated Tour Agenda and Registration form to the Events page and added two links to that same info in the lower left corner of the main page.

the registration fee is $95 Canadian. Today that would translate to $97.88 US. Who knows where the conversion rate will be in the next few months. Many of us will be sending Franz a check drawn on a US Bank. 1. Is that ok with him? 2. What amount in US $ should we send, knowing that the rate of exchange changes almost daily?

I Just made reservations for my wife (Cyndi)& I at the sandman hotel for the Sept 14 - 18 meet. We are bringing my 6-14 Deluxe Sedan does the hotel have parking for pickup/trailer combination on site?

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 Durant Deluxe Sedan

There is parking for at least 50 cars and trailer just for us and if we need more they will provide it for us. Looking forward to see everyone again.

Where Are You From? Vancouver

Not to worry about the exchange. US funds are fine as long as it stays near par and the canadian does not go way up.

Where Are You From? Vancouver

The Durant Motors Automobile Club