Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
need a three speed trans.

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of riding in Rick Botti's roadster, the bad thing about riding in Rick's roadster is having to ride home in my
Durant, I have a model 612 deluxe coupe, with a Continental A22 6 cyl. engine, and a three speed transmission. As we were riding home , The Guru of Durant Automobiles (Rick) informed me that I need a transmission. I wonder if anyone can help me.
I would like to thank you people in the Durant Club
for the information and the parts that I needed to get my Durant on the rosd
Frank Lersch
And thanks again for the ride Rick.

Where Are You From? Sanm Lorenzo Ca.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, I have a 1932 Durant model 612 deluxe coupe

Re: need a three speed trans.

Frank
I have a 3 speed tranny here that I picked up in Missouri. I did not check it --just put it in my shop and it just sits here. I understand It was from a running car so assume it is okay. Make me an offer -and we will see if we can arrange to get it south to you .
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Frank
I have a 3 speed tranny here that I picked up in Missouri. I did not check it --just put it in my shop and it just sits here. I understand It was from a running car so assume it is okay. Make me an offer -and we will see if we can arrange to get it south to you .
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Frank
I will be going to southern washington in a couple of weeks.-If you are interested in this tranny let me know soon and save shipping costs. I could go a little farther and meet you somewhere. shipping would likely be more expensive than the cost of the tranny. I could probably deliver to you for the price of the fuel and accomodation If you are not too far south .
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model 614 -deluxe rumble seat coupe

Ken
I am interested in the tranny. I have a problem with meeting you some place. My wife has had a stroke making it difficult for us to travel any distance.
If you could deliver the tranny, let me know what you think the cost would be and I will send you a check so you will have the money before you leave. This is my phone number if needed, (510) 368-6213. Thanks again.
Frank Lersch

Where Are You From? Sanm Lorenzo Ca.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, I have a 1932 Durant model 612 deluxe coupe

Frank & Ken,

I spoke to Mike Larsen in Washington and he is planning to come down here in January. Maybe Ken could bring it as far as Mike's place, then he could bring it down the rest of the way.

Rick

I could live with that. Just have to work out the timing and price. I have just applied for a new passport so will be a couple of weeks before I get it.
I will be making a trip to Kennewick Wash. to pick up some parts. Guess a few miles detour to Mikes place would not be too bad a run. Would be nice to be able to go all the way to see Frank but I think I have driven enough this year already . My wife says TOO MUCH.
Frank--Is there anything else you might need while I am going . I have a lot of stuff here. Any one else need parts that I may have? Make a good trip out of this and deliver some goodies--(just like santa). I will try to work out a fair price Frank. Let you know soon. I took the top off and cleaned out the old sludge (mostly) Didnt see any rust or chipped teeth so I think it is in good shape.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deuxe rumble seat coupe

And a sweet wife you have too! To let you drive all the way from Kamloops to Lancaster just to be with your car buddies. Ken I think you need to keep her!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Frank
I will sell this tranny to you -and deliver it to Washington for $400.00. This is delivery included to that point. I have pulled the top and it seems in good shape. there are no chips out of the gears and no rust in the case .I could not see any significant wearing of the gears. All in all it looks like a good tranny .I will be going that way in the next month so will be able to get to Mike and make the transfer to him.
Let me know if this is suitable.
Thanks
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Yes Mike--she is pretty good to me. Now I want to see you in Vancouver next fall. Come and see beautiful B C-(Gods country) Its no farther than I have been travelling. When you get here plan on staying a while to look the place over-and not just Vancouver. See the whole place-its a nice area of the world.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Ken .... I understood "God's Country" is up the Pontiac county on the Quebec side of the Ottawa River. B.C. must have copied the rolling hills of the Gatineau Mountain's and the motto.

Then we have the "Beautiful Ottawa Valley" as Ron says.

Just noted Frank, you have a 32 612. Must be a from Oct 30 to mid 31, when all production of Lansing cars stopped, but sold in 32 as a 32. Always on the look out for a true 32 Durant to see what differences or similarities to our cars.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Norm
Just a small error in your note ---I think you mean the gatineau is --the country god forgot--lol The mole hills there cant come close to comparing to the rockies
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hum think you have that wrong Ken. I seem to recall you couldn't compare those pile of rocks you have to our rolling hills just full of rusting vintage cars. Used to be lots of odd ball cars up in our "mountains". Like Star, Durant, Jewett (still have a hub cap with the J), Buick Marquette (have a hub cap off of one, lots of T's, 490 Chev's, Dodge's, Ford A's, McLaughlin's, etc etc. Think God arranged the Gatineau's as a mecca for car buffs. There's still D's up there as Ron discovered.

Big tourist drawing card to ski in various places, Champlain lookout to see for miles the beauty of the Ottawa River and Valley, Wakefield steam train ride. You can see the Gatineau's from all over the Ottawa Valley and from Montreal on up. Can't recall what they call them in the US as they continue down there. All I have to do is drive off my street and look left and see the Gatineau's. Neat with clouds half way down the side or autumn leaves changing colour. Small waterfalls down the rocks and so on.

Your right they can't compare to your rock pile, were far ahead, ha ha. Isn't the Rockies God forsaken countryside I heard ? Ours have tons of beauty, history of Canada, Big Joe Muffawa, logging, mines, bears, wolves, moose etc. Reminds me of a true story. My chum and I were up in God's country rooting through abandoned farms, forgotten vintage cars, in the 60's and went into a barn way up the Que side, above Otter Lake 20 miles into the bush. He didn't say a word as we looked at a Jewett touring, then I turned around to a big black bear staring at me about two feet away, face to face. Some hunter had shot the bear and hung it off the rafters, so back feet were on the floor. At the time I didn't know it was dead and my chum laughing his fool head off, as he did. Said to me "you should see your face". Never going to forget that day. lol

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Ken
That sounds good to me. If you would send me your mailing address I will get a check off to you. And thank you for you help.
Frank Lersch

Frank
I have dropped the tranny at Mike Larsens place in Vancouver Wash. Can you send me your E mail addy so I can contact you there rather than putting messages on here?
My addy is kmccormick@shaw.ca.
Hope all works out for you
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club