Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Attention Canadians Save this STAR !!!

Hi All.......

Could be a good parts source for someone.

This is an email I just received:

FRANK: the easiest way to start this is as follows - my name is Doug Palmer and I live near Perth Ontario Canada.........a local car wrecker (yes a redneck)
somehow discovered 4 antique cars in an old barn near here. The only one left is a Model C Star - Car No.T 18238 - Engine #365992.......this vehicle
has seen better days but is original from the steering wheel forward and the running boards and rear fenders are also original. Someone over the
years made a feeble attempt at restoring the main body work but quit. The drive train is intact and the motor and transmission move freely along with
the rear end. All four wheels are original and in good shape with almost new tires on the rear rims.
The reason I am contacting you is that there is no way in hell than I can afford to restore this vehicle and I don t think it will sit there much longer
with the possibility it just might be crushed for scrap. Do you think anyone within the club might be interested.......I am afraid that time is short on this
endeavor and if anyone is interested a reply is needed ASAP

Doug;s contact info: hammer3611@hotmail.com

Thanks!!! Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club