Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1929 Durant 60 Roadster For Sale

Hello-

I have a 1929 Durant 60 Deluxe Roadster for sale. I have recently had a few very fair offers for this car but the interested parties would hack it up and turn it into a hot rod. I would hate to see this happen to this car as there aren't many left so I figured this forum might be a good place for the car to find a new home where it would be loved for what it is!

The car is in relatively good shape and mostly complete. It has about 29k miles on it - runs and drives although I have never had it on the road. Has been in dry storage for the past 30+ years. Runs off temporary gas tank as original tank needs a good cleaning. Overall an excellent candidate for a full restoration. Asking $10,000. Good title. Located in Northern NJ.

Where Are You From? Sussex, NJ

Re: 1929 Durant 60 Roadster For Sale

there is a reason its not sold and i restore them for a living.10k be real at most 3500 to 5000 and then i put 8000 into it what it worth$$$$$ Now I have 15k into it and Id be lucky to get $10000 at an auction.

Sorry for the truth it hurts me every time someone thinks there car is worth a fortune. The fortune is what it cost to restore to original and then maybe its worth 20 to 25 but as a driver its only worth half what your asking wholesale and the car market is dead for these old relics now resto mod it spend 15k on it and you might get 25 and up...

North of the border in rust country

Where Are You From? canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929

Re: 1929 Durant 60 Roadster For Sale

Rob, you are absolutely correct. From what I can see from the pics, this car needs a complete disassembly and major repair.
Most sellers just have no idea what is involved to remanufacture one of these old cars.
I wonder what ever happened to this car?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe, 1929 Durant D60 Express Wagon

Re: 1929 Durant 6-60

Hi! i live in UK and i have a Durant 6-60 i would like to keep in touch with all the keepers of similar car all over the world .Regards

Where Are You From? UK

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: 1929 Durant 6-60

yes i have a durant 6-60 sedan and is in fully use i would like to keep in touch with all the durant owners .regards.eugene 00447866659677

Where Are You From? uk

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club