Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Certificate of stock in the Durant Motor Co.

Would anyone know if any certificates of stock in the Durant Motor Co. still exist and who would hold these? Thank you for any help.

Where Are You From? PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Re: Certificate of stock in the Durant Motor Co.

Scott,

Certificates of Durant Motor Company stock are still around and sold in places like eBay, Scripophily.com and club members.

Where Are You From? Fremont, California USA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60

Thank you Rick I appreciate it.

Where Are You From? PA

I have 2 different stock certificates. One for 2 shr. & One for 30 shrs. In great condotion, framed. I would be intersted in selling.

Where Are You From? memphis tn

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Hi All.....

Back in the days of the Durant Family Registry, Jeff Gillis reproduced the Durant stock certificates. They had the members name and the number of shares reflected the number of Durant products owned. I've got my original and some others.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Durant Motor Co. is an international company, I have one stock certificate in Argentina, thanks to my good friend Dave.

Best regards

Ricardo

Where Are You From? Argentina

Do You own a car built by Durant? M2 Rugby Touring 1928

Ray
I have 2 different stock certificates. One for 2 shr. & One for 30 shrs. In great condotion, framed. I would be intersted in selling.

I have two durant motors stock certificates, one for30/60 share dated 2-13-1925, and the second for 2 shares dated 2-13-1925.
If anyone can tell me the value I would greatly appreciate it. George stiff

Where Are You From? Charlotte,nc

Hi George;
I've seen them on Ebay from between $5.00 and $25.00 depending on year and condition. But like anything it is what someone is willing to pay for it. I think I bought several of mine for $5.00 each at one time.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

I have several Durant Motor Company stock certificates. Are the worth anything?

Where Are You From? Yakima WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? NO

Rob

there is no stock value if that is your question. The only value is what someone wants to pay to own a piece of paper.

Like anything else in life, someone's junk is another persons treasure.

I am sure that if you put it on EBay you could sell it for something.

Or, you can donate the certificates to the Durant Museum, and I am sure that Mike Linthicum will be more than happy to accept the donation.

charlie

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

I have a certificate for two shares that belonged to my Grandmother. It's dated 1929.

Where Are You From? Mt. Pleasant, Michigan

Hi Catherine;
As Charlie Spitz had said in the previous post on this, they do come up for sale quite often on EBAY for around $25.00 or less. You can keep your stock certificate as a fond family keepsake, sell it on EBAY, or donate it to the Durant Motors Automobile Museum. If you'd like to donate it, then just email me and I'll let you know how this can be done.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Thank you, Mike! By the way, where is the Durant museum?

Where Are You From? Mt. Pleasant, Michigan

Hi Catherine;
Right now the Durant Museum is virtual, meaning that it is located only on the Internet and I manage it from my office. The DMAC is moving strongly toward establishing a "brick and mortar" physical museum to house a collection of vehicles and memorabilia honoring William C. Durant and all the cars associated with him. Progress is being made and hopefully in the next 3 or so years we will break ground. Very exciting times for the DMAC!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Have stocks dated 1925 from my Gramps. Do they have any value should I frame them or give them to the grandkids or sell and retire?

Where Are You From? Washington

Pat
They are nice pieces of art and a conversation piece. Since Durant Motors Inc is no more and has not been for many many many years the value is in collecting. These usually go for about $25 on Ebay give or take.

Thanks Mike! Maybe I'll hang on to them before letting the kids have them... who knows they might go up a bit.They're in great shape.

Where Are You From? Washington

The Durant Motors Automobile Club