Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking to sell

My father bought a 1924 Star Durant back in the early 70's. Did some restoration and it has been garaged for 40 years. Dad passed away and we would like to sell it but we don't know the value. Help please.

Where Are You From? Simsbury CT

Do You own a car built by Durant? I own a 1924 Star Durant F touring

Re: Looking to sell

When you supply some more specific info, you may get some numbers from the members. You may even get some offers, maybe even from me. Watch for non-hobbiest speculator types who have little interest in the car but will turn around and re-sell for whatever they can get.

Where Are You From? Pullman, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? pile of Star parts based on a Model F

Thanks for your reply. I live in CT. I believe the car is in "fair" condition. The engine runs, tho it's been up on blocks for 35 years in a garage. New upholstery, new top, new paint. One valve is stuck or blocked.

Where Are You From? Simsbury CT

Do You own a car built by Durant? I own a 1924 Star Durant F touring

Hi Linda.....

Value is a very subjective thing. I always look at the 3C's Condition, Completeness & Correctness. A good source of realized prices is the Manheim Gold web site.

To echo what Hal said, most of us who collect these cars do so because of a love for the cars.

If you could supply some pictures we can help you with determining a value. Possibly even one of the Club members would be interested. You could also place an ad in our Club magazine.

Check out the data plate under the hood for the car model, serial number and factory it was built at.

I just bought a 1924 Star F touring car. A nice original from Arizona.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club