Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wow... the old Star never fails to surprise....

Peace River is a town in the Peace River valley. There are hills of 5 miles (4-6% grade) on both sides of the river to get out of the valley.

It's a good test on the Star.. if I can make it out of the valley, then the car is running pretty good; if not its downhill to get home. I climb the hills at 35 mph in third gear with the timing advance a little advanced....

WELL HERE IS THE JOY....

Leaving the valley today.. I slowly caught up to and passed a super b-train (10 axle tanker).

It was tooooooooo much... I just imagine the trucker when he first caught sight if me in his review mirrors...and as I crawled up axle by axle by his truck...
Trucker had a BIG GRIN on his face as I passed and gave me the OLE HORN as I swung back into the right lane....

JUST TOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Where Are You From? Peace River Alberta

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Touring

Re: Wow... the old Star never fails to surprise....

Hi Guy.
Congratulations. Great news.
Sounds like that cam grind we ground on your cam is working out real well for you.
Rick has very similar stories to tell with his 29 Durant roadster that has the very same grind characteristics of lift and advancement that we ground yours to. Have fun my friend.
Got to drive them.
Faithfully Lance

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

Hi Guy......

Sounds like the old Star is ready for a road trip!!!

Why not drive on down to Texarkana......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 15 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

That's an idea and you'll win a prize when you get there.

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Guy
I used to go through Peace River on my way to Fort Smith. The first time I did this was in 1970 with an old 1952 Chev pickup. The funny thing is I had to stop at the airport where my uncle lived to let it cool down. I can relate to the hills. That is an awesome car. Can you send me a picture.
Lawrence

Where Are You From? Sherwood Park Alberta canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 D65

The Durant Motors Automobile Club