Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hood lacing installation

What is the proper way to install the hood lacing both radiator and cowl?
Do you run a wire down the center and then push a bent wire thru the lacing and hole and bend the ends over?

Wayne

Where Are You From? IA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 31 model 619

Re: Hood lacing installation

Wayne
My car came to me with rivets thrrough the web and into the holes. I am not looking for a show winner so I put small screws in and it works . I think rivets were the original
KEN

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant -model 614- Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Wayne
My car came to me with rivets thrrough the web and into the holes. I am not looking for a show winner so I put small screws in and it works . I think rivets were the original
KEN

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant -model 614- Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Hi Wayne.....

Here are a couple pictures of the lacing on my original 619sedan.

The cowl lacing is wired on and is done in 3 pieces, you can see where it enters a hole on each side of the cowl. The radiator shell lacing is riveted on.

Hope these help.....See you in Texarkana....Frank

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 15 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

I used small screws and nuts or you can use split rivets

Where Are You From? Long Beach, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Service Truck, 1927 Star Station Wagon, 1925 Flint Broughm

The Durant Motors Automobile Club