Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Texarkana

Haven't heard much banter about the meet - who is bringing cars, etc. If I can find an enclosed trailer, I want to bring mine. We had a blast in Auburn. Sounds like a great schedule. My wife suggested going. Be great to see a whole string of Durants. We have to be back in MO for a family reunion on Sunday - that will be more fun with the car. For us that sounds like banquet, then driving much of the night - doable. Gotta make the banquet; I got a new (old) suit for it.
If you haven't been to a meet before, GO!
Wayne

Do You own a car built by Durant? 31 model 619

Re: Texarkana

Hi Wayne.....

Sent in our registration and made hotel reservations this week.

Cathy & I will be there, this is going to be a great meet. Will be good to meet old friends and make new ones.

I Know Don will have an excellent event planned.

Can't wait to be "West bound and down" Any one know the significance of that line???

See Y'all in Texarkana.....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 15 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Hello Wayne and Frank

Stephanie and I will be there. I will be dragging a Durant. I've been looking forward to the Texas meet for two years, it will be a blast.

Looking forward to seeing some old friends, you only live once, you don't get to do it over.

Bob

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Hey Folks!
The registrations started coming in on Friday. The schedule is in place and potential hurricanes have been put on hold.
Lets all try to ignore the current political circus and focus on the important aspects of life.

So,,,,Who'all a-coming an wha'cha bringin'?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1927 Star Coupe

Frank
Sounds to me like a line from a song in smoky and the bandit "Loaded up and trucking" is the follow up line if I remember correctly.
Norma and I are still planning on being in Texarkana.
Just not yet sure how we will get there - drive or fly - But hopefully we will see you all there .
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Dorothy and I plan on being there. Our Hotel reservations have been made. We will Not be bringing our Durant. WE have relatives in St. Louis that we plan on seeing while we are down there in the area.
Ken Brink

Where Are You From? Muskegon, MI

West bound and down, eighteen wheels are rollin' ,
we're gonna do what they say can't be done.
We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
I'm west bound, just watch ol' "Bandit" run.

Jerry Reed

Make it EAST you Cally-fornians

I know of six Cally-fornians, maybe more that will be there.

Now all we need is Smokey and the Bandit to give our Tech Seminar !

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

The Babicks and the Millers are taking the train Am- Track. It will take 2& 1/2 days so thay say. 1st day Sept 3. we should arrive around Sept 6 th or 7th Everything is ready; train tickets bought, registration paid, hotel reservations made. All of us can hardly wait to meet all our old friends and meeting new ones. The only thing left is to find a back seat to hold down.

Where Are You From? sunny Calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Hi All.....

Sounds like we are going to have a great turn out.

A couple of you figured out the reference to Smokey & the Bandit, but what is the significance of The Bandit and the DMAC Meet??

Hint: 2007 and the following image.....

Photobucket

See y'all in Texarkana.......

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 15 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Sorry that we won't be able to make the meet this year. We have a couple other places that we just have to be during that week end.
I just wish I was able to attend. I know you will have a great time and miss seeing you all once more.

Gord & Mary Carolyne

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Hello everyone. Reservations are made and it sounds as though it's shaping up to be a "Dandy" of a meet!
Hoping to see many old and new friends.

Don....To bad my truck drivin buddy Louie isn't coming through your way again or he could load up his rig with Coors Beer this time and head East! Maybe I'd could bring the clam chowder? Only thing that we would be missing... Jackie Gleason ( Buford T. Justice) !!

Texas Trip

Where Are You From? Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flint

Hi Jim.....

WOW I knew Flints were big, but didn't know you needed an "oversize load" permit to haul one !!!

See y'all in Texarkana.....

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 15 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Flint is not only big. It is really safety cosncious as well. See they have put an escape hatch in the bottom of the doors to get out in case you roll the car!!!!

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Oboy, another puzzle!
Where is Charlie?
But, GOOGLE IS GREAT. Frank has a way of getting you to meet people before you can shake their hand. I find that this picture is Don Schilling, pres. of the museum and Dave Mars sponsor of the Bandit Run in 2007 from Texarkana to Atlanta. That musta been a Trans Am spectacle.
Find it all on
http://www.texastransams.com/articles/2007_tbr_01.htm

Don's the man!

Where Are You From? Iowa

Do You own a car built by Durant? '31 model 619

Don
I was just curios to see how the registrations are running? I know I sent mine in and have made my plane reservations. Only thing left is the rental car but Texarkana here I come.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Registrations are coming nicely for this early date. Received are: Babick, Witkowski, Miller, Botti, Brink, McKormick, Smith, Larsen, Conner, Starr, Linthicum.
Also, at least three from the Texarkana area: Shilling, James, Hicks.

Don

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

I will be arriving a day early on Tuesday the 8th. I will fly into Little Rock, Arkansas and drive down. If anyone is coming in on the same day let me know, I'll room in the rental car.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA USA

Anybody else going that has not registered yet? Sounds like we are all going to have a great time. I've never been to that neck of the woods, how about you? I'm sure Don had planned a great time and gas prices are down now.

Not registered yet but have hotel reservations. Got me a trailer so plan on trailering Brownie down from Iowa. Have a daughter half way so will make 2 days of it. Any other cars coming? I better get us registered.

Frank, are you buying all those gaskets?

Wayne

Where Are You From? Iowa

Do You own a car built by Durant? 31 model 619

Better lookout cause September 9th is speeding downing on us like a missile!
Three weeks, can you believe it only three weeks left !!

Durantonians in Arkansas, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Mississippi, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Alabama, Kentucky, Indiana and Tennessee have been sent a letter from me inviting them to attend. We've also sent out three email notifications to DMAC members everywhere.

Send your registrations to Don now, he'll appreciate it, really he will.

Now don't make me send more letters, I hate the way that envelope glue tastes

Where Are You From? Fremont, California USA

Correction to my previous statement.

Make that only two weeks left till Texarkana.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, California USA

Hi All....

Rick is correct only 2 Weeks until the greatest meeting of Durantonians in the South!!

This is a first for the DMAC with a National meet in Texas. Here is the chance for all the close by members to get a taste of one of our events.

We won't be back this far south for a while. The next National Meets are 2010 in Lancaster Pennsylvania, and 2011 in Vancouver, BC Canada. Don't miss out on a chance to meet some of the folks you only know from the Forum or Partner.

Don has an exciting agenda planned for us with some unique trips. Cathy is looking forward to the diamond mine. She thought you only found them in jewelry stores.

We will be "West bound and down" Tuesday morning, see y'all on Wednesday.

There are Durantonians coming from all corners of the world. Don't miss out, there is still time to register.

See Y'all in Texarkana........Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 15 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

eee-gads. By this time next week we will be on the train. Guess I better start packing. I told my wife not to bring the kitchen sink as the train already has one ha ha See ya-all there. Bert & Sonia

Where Are You From? sunny American canyon, Cal

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Bert sounds like an interesting trip. I envy you as I really like trains but have not traveled on one since I was a kid for any length of time. Took the trains in the UK when I was there a couple of years ago and that was great. I looked into that way for me to get to Texarkana, but I would have to go from Orlando, Washington DC, Chicago and then down. 3 days on a train opposed to 4 hours air travel so the plane won out. I sure do wish we had the old train companies back again.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club