Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1927 Star

Hay you all. There is a nice unrestored 27 Star 4 cyl on eb.. Good solid car for someone .Is in the east.

Where Are You From? Calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Re: 1927 Star

Hi Bert....

Interesting car, I sure would like to poke around that place, lots of interesting stuff in the background.

Did you notice the front valance? The piece between the frame rails under the radiator? None of the ones I have look like it. The raised panels seem unique. Any of yours have the raised panels?

See Y'all in Texarkana.....Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

I noticed that also. Nothing like that around any of my piles of parts. I also noticed it has a rubber mounted engine. Anybody else catch that detail?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1927 Star

I emailed the seller and here is more info:

Model M
E-408225

So it is a New Jersey car....

Frank

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Hay Frank & DON. I believe most all 26 & 27s had motor mounts. Did you notice anything differant about the manifold ? As far as I can tell, the real late 27s had the exhaust manifold ends reversed. Frank . when are you leaving to check it out closer? See you in Texarkana. The Millers And us are takeing the train. Should be fun.

Where Are You From? Calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Hi All....

I think Bert is correct that by 1927 all the 4 cyl Star's had rubber mounted engines. The serial number make this a later 27 car.

The front exit exhaust, rubber mounts, and new steering box seemed to occur at the same time.

My 1928 Durant M-4 coupe has the same set up. So does my 1927 Star 4 door.

This ones a little too far for me (only 10 1/2 hours one way), plus I'm out of room. Still have another load to bring back from Green Bay.

Don't know how I'm getting to Texarkana, but will be there. The train sounds like fun.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

You are exactly right Frank. This occurred at serial number 405001 for the M.
1927 M serial #405000 and earlier had the solid mount engine.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1927 Star

The 1927 Star has found a new home here in Pa. Even though Tom told me once he bought his STAR he was done buying that was a white lie. He has continued and just added the 1927 Star to his collection of about 24 different models of cars. He now needs to shift cars to get a warm, dry place for his new baby. The work begins.

Where Are You From? PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1923 Star touring, and a 1927 Star Model M

Hi Karen & Tom.....

Glad to hear the Star found a good home with a DMAC member.

Remember these cars are like potato chips, you can't have just one !!

Good luck with the new addition !!!

Frank ---

Is Tom giving out Cigars? Is it a boy or a girl Star?

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Dear Frank,
I hope this gets through to you as i would like help and information on the
1927 6cyl Rugby/Stars as i have very little .
Yours David Manson

Where Are You From? new zealand

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Rugby s4 1927 6cyl coach

The Durant Motors Automobile Club