Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Rugby Lighter Photos and ????

Hi All......

Picked this up on eBay a while back.

See the photos for details. It is engraved on the base with Durant Cars, Rugby Trucks, interestingly it is stamped with the same wording on the underside of the base.

I have no idea when this was made, there is no other identifying mark. Would you guess this was made toward the end of the Durant Company, since it does not mention Star ??

What do you think ???? Frank ---

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Re: Durant Rugby Lighter Photos and ????

Hi Frank
My father has one of those lighters that he inherited from my grandfather. he aquired it at a fleamarket i n the sixties. We believe that they were strictly a Canadian oddity, given to dealers or maybe given to salesmen if they had sold so many cars in an allotted time? Listing only Durant Cars and Rugby Trucks would date the lighter from mid 1928 through early 1931. I know that Dave Schulte has one, maybe he can shed some more light(haha) on the subject.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1922 Durant A-22 touring

Hi Will.....

Thanks for the info.

Does yours have the unique "R" with the tail. I thought that was a curious look, and might help to identify it's origin.

I also thought it was some type of dealer incentive.

Thanks......Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Hi ,

Mine looks exactly like yours Frank. I also feel it's some kind of dealer related item. Perhaps a souvenir from touring the factory. I think Bob Smith has one also.

Dave

Yes Frank the letter on the lighter that my dad has are the same as yours.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1922 Durant A-22 touring

Hi All....

Thanks for all the information. Interesting to know that there are a few of these out there.

These seem like a quality item, so probably were linked to some promotion (probably when smoking was PC).

see Y'all in Texarkana !!! Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Hello Frank I also have a lighter like yours, spelling is the same, yes we will see you in Texarkana. Bob

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, Durant A-22, B-22, 633

Hello everyone! I have recently picked an identical one. But my "R" is a touch different! I was wondering if anyone knew the worth of this lighter!

Where Are You From? montreal, quebec, canada

The Durant Motors Automobile Club