Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wiring Diagram

Hi,

I have a friend who has recently imported a 1922 Durant B22 to the UK, the car was involved in a fire in the US whilst waiting to be shipped with mainly the wiring damaged.

I'm looking for a wiring diagram, as detailed as possible, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance, Roger

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Re: Wiring Diagram

Hello Roger.
I think I can help you, i have one 1922 instruction
manual for B-22 on my computer.

What email adress shall I use. It is a big file.

Terje

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Our club historian and Treasurer Bob Smith is a good point of contact for any info on this car. He can be reached by clicking on the "Contact Us" button on the left side of the screen.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Roger and club members. Recently I purchased a 1928 edition of the "Jobway auto wiring diagram" book that contains 386 wiring diagrams.
Included are 2 diagrams for the Durants, 4 for the Star cars, 5 for the Flints, 6 for Locomobile and 1 for the Dort. I am sure that there are many sources for these diagrams, but if you are in need don't hesitate to ask and I will scan the page. Jim G.

Durant Wiring Diagram

Opps.... Just remembered and checked-out the wiring diagrams listed under the electrical section of the tech pages thanks to Jan Arnett and Al DeWitt. These contain much more info than the ones in my book! Thanks Jan and Al

If you are looking for the B-22 I can print a copy from a book of diagrams that I have. The TECH PAGE shows the 4 cyl. A-22. Will also send to Rick for posting on the web. Will be glad to help...

Yates

Jim,
Which diagrams do you have for LOCOMOBILE models? If they are for the Durant Mtrs years (1922-29)please copy and send in for posting to the Club web-site.

We currently have No Tech information for Locomobile. I am trying to gather as much info (then post it) as possible.

Thanks for your Help in this.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Hi Lance,
Will do... I have the following diagrams:
YEAR MODEL
1919 -1922 5-6-7
1925 -1926 Jr 8
1926 -1927 90
1923 -1927 48
1927 8-66
1928 8-70
1928 -1929 8-80

Is this all the models Locomobile had during the Durant years or am I missing some??

Your Durant Partner

Yates

Sorry, I did not see the last reply from Lance was to Jim. Guess I'm suffering from "Old Timers Disease".
Will send what I have if needed.

Yates

Hello again :)
Here is 2 pages from the 1923 Durant B-22 manual.
Enjoy :-) Terje

1923 Durant B22 instruction manual
1923 Durant B- 22instruction manual.01

Picture of this orginale 1922 mod Durant B-22 is taken in Norvay august 2007 on a car race.The car comes from Denmark, this is the only B-22 i have picture of.

Terje

Photobucket

1922 Durant B22. 01
1922 Durant B22. 02

1922 Durant B22. 03

1922 Durant B22

1922 Durant B22. 06

Yates,
Yes please send me copies of your Electrical manual for all the LKOCOMOBILE entrys you mentioned.
I can then check and use the best or maybe both sets. Never too much data...I can then build up the Locomobile tech pages! Thanks in advance!!
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Hello Lance Chabot.

You write that you have plan to build up a Locomobile tech pages, if you are interested
to have copies of the 1923 instruction manual
for the B-22 ? I will gladly help you :-)
Terje)

Terje,
If you have ANY items or material for the LOCOMOBILE brand that would be very helpful to me for the Club.

But if it is for DURANT (or other brands) other club members are doing a good job collecting that information or material.

Please send any other Durant(Star,Flint,or Rugby) items to them in the Club. Thank you.
Lance C.

Anybody have a real good wiring diagram for a Model 65 like the ones above?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Hello Lance and Mike,
Lance, I will have prints made next week and mail a copy to you and one to Rick.
Mike, I have a diagram for a 1928 D-65, but it is not as pretty as the one above, but it does have all the electrical data as does the ones I am sending Lance.
List the starter, distributor and generator numbers etc.

Yates

The Durant Motors Automobile Club