Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"MUSIC & AUTOMOBILE, a possible interface"

Dear friends,

I already told President Rick Botti by email about my passionate research "MUSIC & AUTOMOBILE, a possible interface".
I would like then to explain a bit about it:

I am a pianist and teacher at the University of Brasilia and last month I presented part of this research "MUSIC & AUTOMOBILE, a possible interface". I took place in the Museum of the Automobile, in my city. The research is an attempt to link two fields I love: MUSIC & AUTOMOBILE. Then I started collecting hundreds of sheet music and original recordings of songs related to automobile dating from 1816 - 1973. Since cars with animal traction to motor cars. The exposition was a success! The opening night we performed an entire Concerto with a couple of thematic car songs, and we were all dressed in "roaring twenties" style.
You can have a look at the pictures we took of that unforgettable night. Just click or copy and paste this link to your browser:

PHOTOS OF THE EVENT:
http://picasaweb.google.com.br/dibfranciss/FotosDoConcertoDeAberturaDaExposiOMUSICAUTOMOBILENoMuseuDoAutomVelDeBrasLi#

You can also explore the sheet music covers that I put available in the same website, just copy and paste this link to your browser too:

SHEET MUSIC COVERS RELATED TO AUTOMOBILE:
http://picasaweb.google.com.br/dibfranciss/MUSICAUTOMOBILEUmaInterfacePossVel#

I was invited to publish this research in the AACA website. If the Durant Club also has interested I will be glad to share here too.

Hope everybody enjoys it !!

Big hug to everyone !

Dib Franciss

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a 1927 Rugby

The Durant Motors Automobile Club