Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant gas caps

Hi Everyone,

There was some interest in Gas Caps again so I cast and finished another 5 . They are the ones that have the "D" in the center, and have the 1 7/8" threads. I think there are pictures from past messages, if not I can put up some new ones. Thanks Mike

Re: Durant gas caps

Hi Mike: The tank on our car seems to have a 2" outside-diameter filler neck with 16 threads per inch.
I don't understand which measurement your 1-7/8" refers to, but do you think your caps would fit on our tank ? Where might I view the photos you mention ? Dave T. for the Cumberland Museum

Where Are You From? www.ottawa.ca/residents/heritage/museums/cumberland/index_en.html

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D40 4-door

Hey Mike can we get some pictures posted on the forum. Thanks. Also sometime when you get a bit of time a list of items with some pictures of what you guys cast or have cast for Durant products would be nice since you guys don't have a web site to look at.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Yes Mike that would be nice. The Butters do list everything in the Graham Paige site they make for those cars, http://www.graham-paige.com/ , but I don't see anywhere they list the better cars made by Durant.

Dave ... aren't all caps the same size for 28 / 29 and screw on ? Steve has the D one on his. Per my list the D bakelite cap fits M, M2, R, 40, 55, 60, 65, 75. However it says chrome cap for 60, 63, 66, 70. Guess the 60 can go either way. Our 30 - 32 Durant's and Frontenac's have painted half twist.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

As requested here are some pics of the gas caps that have been inquired about
Gas caps

Do you have any more gas caps, looking for one for 1929 Durant M-4 Coupe? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Where Are You From? South Carolina

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant M-4

Mike,
I could use a gas cap with a D on it as you have shown. You do not list an e-mail or other contact mechanism. Could you please let me know if you still have caps? At what price? It would seem such cap would fit my Model 60 (29).

Where Are You From? Redwood City, Ca.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 Model 60

STEPHEN, I JUST GOT IN CONTACT W/ MIKE & NEIL BUTTERS ABOUT THE GAS CAPS. ITS SEEMS THEY STILL HAVE A FEW LEFT! I'LL SENT YOU ANOTHER EMAIL WHEN I RECIEVE MINE. I WOULD HATE TO RECOMMEND SOMEONE & NOT KNOW WHAT THE PRODUCT LOOKS LIKE YET. I'LL GET BACK W/ YOU IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS WHEN I SEE THE CAP.

GARY

Where Are You From? SEABROOK, SC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 DURANT M4

Gary
Did you ever get your cap in? How's the quality and what was the price?

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Haven't rec'd it yet. I have to figure on a little extra time. Had to send a check and it will be coming from Canada. Will keep you up to date.

Where Are You From? Seabrook, SC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929

Haven't rec'd it yet. I have to figure on a little extra time. Had to send a check and it will be coming from Canada. Will keep you up to date. - It was $95.00 which included shipping.

Where Are You From? Seabrook, SC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929

Hello,

Im looking for a gas cap. Just wondering if you have any suggestions or still have a contact.

Regards Rick

Where Are You From? squamish b.c.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club