Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Autolite 3076 orChampion w16Y Spark Plugs.

Hi Fellows,
I am having great difficultly in locating either of the above spark plugs in Australia. Have been into
Spark Plug .com site but their freight charges to australia are over the fence. Must be sending them by
Specially Chartered aircraft. Their freight charges
are almost 20 times that of US Postal Service. Does
any one know of other firms and their web sites that I may contact. Hope you can help John.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Rugby d40 Wire Sided van

Re: Autolite 3076 orChampion w16Y Spark Plugs.

Hi John.....

I stock Champion and MotorCraft plugs.

Will get details for you tonight.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy

Hi John.....

The new Champion number is 561 and Motorcraft number is TT10. I have both in stock. Motorcraft $ 3.40 each. Champion $ 8.25 each.

I sent you an email with the postage rates to Australia.

Hope this helps.....Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Did you check out Tech page http://www.sparkplugs.com
Also NAPA, Benson's, etc ?

Good deal Frank as special order plugs for a 60 were $30 range each here. No sweat for the 30 - 33 with Canadian Tire shops having them right on the floor, no fuss or special ordering.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Hi Norm.....

These plugs are for the W4 & W5, as well as for the 14L as used in the Model 60.

These also fit some Fords from this era!

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Hi Frank
Yes the 32 Ford V8 takes C4's as well, Just got our "Vintage Wheel" newspaper Friday, from EOVAR and it enclosed a reprint of Champion Extra Range Spark Plugs for cars and taxicabs built in the USA 1920 - 1950. (old type / new type) Of course it doesn't have Fronty's but yet it does mention 670 under Durant, which is 32 Fronty and not US ?? Doesn't mention E or 685 or C400 / C600. Continental's 33 / 34 used the C7's as did DeVaux. Not that it matters the 30 - 34 used C7's.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Thanks Frank,
Will be in touch later today.
John.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Rugby d40

Hello,

I'm the catalog analyst for Champion spark plug for Federal-Mogul Motorparts. Ironically, I don't have a copy of this publication, "Champion Extra-Range Spark Plugs For Cars and Taxicabs Built In USA 1920 - 1950." I would be interested in getting a copy, on paper or scanned, if possible. I've been cataloging and listing electronically for the aftermarket car parts industry our spark plugs for vintage U.S. cars, so this publication would be interesting to have.

Sincerely,

Eric Snow

Where Are You From? Michigan, United States

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Holy cow .. make me go back into 2008 papers and find this repo from EOVAR.

Says on the bottom .... Published in the interest of those who own and cherish automobiles of a bygone era, by Champion Spark Plug Co, Toledo, Ohio 43661, USA.

Back page bottom Form A-491 (5-74-50)
Under the 3 pages of cars it has a column for old plug number and a 2nd one for new plug number. (seems to be 1974 publication)

Under Billy's cars in DMAC it lists Durant, Star, Loco, Flint, Devaux, Continental 33 /34,

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club