Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mod. 70, 1929 (30?) Deluxe Sedan for sale

Life is full of opportunities. So that I can respond to an opportunity facing me, I have decided to sell my Mod. 70, along with 3 W-5 parts engines I have.

This car may be the only one of its kind. Gary Kauffman has a Mod 70 coupe and knows of another coupe, John S. of Westminster, Md. has a mod 70 sedan that is not the deluxe series.

The car is a good 20 footer, needs a paint job and is basically complete, except for the bellows that operates the louvers for the radiatior, and comes with some spare ignition parts. There is an electric fuel pump under the left rear fender but I have a correct vacuum fuel pum, not yet installed. It runs good, the shocks need repair or replacement. The doors and door frames need some wood, the roof needs wood.

The carburator is a Carter BB-1 (not correct but runs good), the generator has a broken bolt hole. The upholstery is basically good but I don't think the Corduroy on the seats is correct.

The exhaust is not right but can be easily corrected.

Photos are available on request.

I hope one of the club members will be interested in it because if not, I will auction the car.

Thanks to everyone that has been so kind to me in researching the car and finding parts for it, let's keep it in the club.

Thanks again, Arthur Roberts

Do You own a car built by Durant? Mod 70, 1929 Deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club