Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new piston/rings/gaskets 6cylinder 14L engine

i am doing up a durant engine 14L and if anyone could help me locate new pistons .060 over size and gaskets also piston rings to suit i would be very happy thanks alot this car is a two owner vehicle it has traveled to the top of mount kosciusko the highest mountain in australia it hasbeen in the family for 60 years my fathers first car and i want to restore the engine back to new condition so if someone could give me imformation it would get the old girl back on the road thanks jason australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: new piston/rings/gaskets 6cylinder 14L engine

Hi Jason,

I would recomend JP Pistons right there in Southern Australia for your pistons, they will make them up as assemblys giving you your oversize pistons, rings, and pins. (http://www.jp.com.au/JPPistons.html)...For gaskets I use Olson's Gaskets here in Washington State (olsonsgaskets.com) I have always been happy with their parts and service....
Good luck on your engine rebuild...Bill

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 Touring

Re: new piston/rings/gaskets 6cylinder 14L engine

Hi Jason. Welcome to you as a Durant owner in Oz. Bill is right on the money with JP. Several of us have JP pistons in our motors. What model do you have? Two different bore sizes in 14L. Terry Harris sources gaskets from New Zealand at a good price.
Regards Sid

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club