Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1926 Flint Jr. Z-18 for Sale

Hi,
My name is Drew and I am currently a college intern for a historic house in Des Moines, IA called the Salisbury House. My specific summer internship puts me in charge of marketing, pr and promotion of the 9th Annual Salisbury Automobile Classic. The biggest fund raising weekend for the house and a great setting for antique and classic cars. But the reason I'm posting today is because while recruiting great vehicles for our William Crapo Durant themed show this year I've come across an 89 year old gentleman from the small town of Stratford, IA who owns a 1926 Flint Jr. Z-18. He has restored the body but it needs to be completely re-upholstered, other than that he says it is completely original. He came and visited with me about the car and says he has owned it since the late 60's and has never been into taking it to shows (I'm trying to convince him to bring it to ours even though it's not in top shape). He is however looking to sell it because he is aging and had to move into a retirement apartment. I told him I would help because of his limited access/experience with the internet. He is asking $23,000 or a reasonable offer. The serial number is #234. I have pictures I can scan and send if you email me and ask for one. I also have his phone number, just email me and I can give you all the information. I don't want to post his name and number online. Thank you.

Where Are You From? www.salisburyautoclassic.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Re: 1926 Flint Jr. Z-18 for Sale

I am 74 years old and am looking for a 1920's car to restore. It sounds like the Flint doesn't need much additional work to finish it. I would like to see the photos you have of the vehcle.
Thank you.
Roger Phone ( 515 ) 233-2076

Where Are You From? Ames, IA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

I see Herman in the Registry with the 1926 Flint Z-18 vin number F-234. Coach, black fenders grey body. Don't have the Continental 9-L engine serial number however nor a pic of the car.
Herman and Mary are members of DMAC.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Sorry I didn't notice this as being a ten plus year old post. With owner being eighty nine years old at that time then car would have been long gone by now. thanks.

Where Are You From? Ames, IA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? No however would like too.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club