Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
durant dort carriage tag ?

i found a bronze id tag stamped on it is " blue ribbon durant dort carriage co flint mich reg in us pat. off." what could this be from ?
Dave

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Re: durant dort carriage tag ?

NOW YOU SHOULD REMEMBER THAT DURANT AND DORT WERE CARRIAGE MAKERS BEFORE THE CAR CRAZE SET IN...THE WORLD'S BIGGEST, THEY SAY...GARY K

Do You own a car built by Durant? two

Probably fell of Frank's Dort buggy as he went to church in it. grin

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Hi Dave....

Here is a picture of my Durant Dort buggy and the ID tag. It was nailed to the rear axle.

Maybe the ground hog picked it up and took it to your place!! Your not that far from Hookstown.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Norm....We haven't had it out this year traded the horse to Gary K for another Durant !

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star Cars and a Durant-Dort buggy

....AND I AM SORRY I WENT FOR THE DEAL...DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT A GALLON OF HAY COSTS TODAY ???????

Do You own a car built by Durant? two

Wouldn't surprise me we wrecked one of those in the 60's. Chum and I went out car / junk hunting almost every w/e into abandoned farms, fields ,unused back roads, etc. Usually found buggies in some form or another and dragged them home or behind the car as one of us sat in it, being typical teens with a new toy. The ones that made it home were taken to a local auction place but I never saw any money. Sure he pocketed all that. I sure recall one time we found one and tied it to the back of the car. Another lad was with us and didn't want to ride in it but my chum convinced him it would be ok. Next time we looked back ... no buggy or him. Thing came off the back of the car and he and buggy sailed into the bush. We found both tangled up and under a fir tree. Buggy could still be there but that was the last time the other lad ever rode outside the car The things we did, we would have killed our children if they tried them. Could have killed the lad also but at the time fooling around wiped anything about safety right out of our minds.
Fair number of buggy seats / folding roofs were used on ad hoc cars for seats. Antique places also sell them as decoration pieces for homes and wheels for garden atmosphere.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Re: durant dort carriage

I have inherited a blue ribbon buggy and was looking for more information on it. What is it worth? I am trying to restore it. It is missing a rear wheel- anyone have a spare? It has been in our family from Iowa for it's lifetime. I am starting a wonderful journey finding its history.

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bkue ribbon buggy

My aunt inherited a durant dort buggy and was wondering what it may be worth? In exellent condition.

Where Are You From? ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? My aunt does

Like out good ole cars, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I've seen them go on Ebay for between $600 and $1,000 dollars.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Hi All....

Mike is correct with the range of value.

When I purchased mine a few years ago it was with in that range. Mine is a good original with a new patent leather dash and upholstery and was complete with the original shafts. Just hook up your horse and go.

A nice piece of original Durant history.

Now if I could just talk Gary K. into selling me a horse, it would be complete!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: durant dort carriage tag ? and have the carriage type it came from

we have that tag on a doctors carriage we are selling. It is from about 1895-6 we are finding in our search. We would love to know the value of the carriage. It is in awesome condition, missing the top. It is a blue ribbon carriage.

Where Are You From? WI

Do You own a car built by Durant? carriage

The Durant Motors Automobile Club