Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
need parts and info

where can I find a picture diagram of a Continental 6 cylinder engine? I do have a parts list.
I don't know it is called, but I need the aluminum 2 piece block for the back of the engine that holds the rear seal. Also, where is a good place to buy engine parts and gasket sets?
Can someone provide me with the torque specs. for the engine? I would appreciate any help from my Durant Partners.
Dave

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29/30 Durant Model 6-63

Re: need parts and info

Dave,
Neil and Mike Butters make the rear seal holder for the 14L and 15L Continental engine. Go to the Tech Page under Parts and Services for gasket and parts suppliers.

Dave

Dave, check the tech page under modern improvements for the timing chain conversion we talked about. Thanks

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes a 1926 D 63

Dear Dave;
My friend Anton and myself are rebuilding the continental engine on the Flint sedan that I have had and driven for the last ten years. We are hoping you can direct us to members in the area and a resource for gaskets and parts, we are pretty good at following directions.
Thanks Rath and Anton.
(760)807-2247
Rathmather@yahoo.com

Where Are You From? Ramona, Ca. 92065

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes a 1925 Flint

The Durant Motors Automobile Club