Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A big thank U

Dorothy and I want to say thank you to everyone that put together the Auburn meet, and to everybody that came. We really enjoyed meeting new members and seeing old friends again. Thank U again for puting on such a great meet.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A22 Durant

Re: A big thank U

Super Dittos Here!!! Even though I had to leave early, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting people I had met previously and all the others that I had only read about and corresponded via e-mails.
It was a great experience and will be difficult not to find a way to get to Oregon next year.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star touring, 1927 Star Coupe

Mary Carolyne and I wish to add our thanks to the organizers of this years' meet. It is no small task to organize a multi day event, and this year proved to be super meet. The venue for the banquet was second to none, although the museum caretakers will have a difficult time wiping the drool off of all the exhibits!!! We met many members we had known before and also met many new friends.
Thanks again to all who participated in any way shape or form. We just hope we will be able to join you next year.
Gord & EmCee

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

For those that read this line of posts, also check out DMAC 2007 for other Bravo Zulu comments.

Peg and I echo the comments on this post as well.

We had a great time, and it was great to put faces to the names that we see on the bulletin board.

charlie and peggy

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1929, 1930, and 1931

WOW WHAT A GREAT MEET !!!! Doris and I would like to thank everyone for their great hospitality. I would like to thank all for a wonderful four days and maybe the ole man will be hitting on all four cylinders at the next meeting instead of two cylinders.
Have never seen so many members dressed in vintage clothing in all my life.
Thanks to all of you that signed the back of the "Certificate of Appreciation" that Doris and I received. The side with the signatures will be placed out as a rememberance of each of you.
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE WONDERFUL MEMORIES............

Yates and Doris Milton

Thanks to Frank and Mike for putting the show together, I know it was a lot of work with a thousand details, but it was well worth it :-)

Rick

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/store/gift%20shop-cc.htm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

Stephanie and I had a great time. It was great to meet everyone. Thanks: Frank, Mike, Bill and the wives for putting together a great time. Bob

Hi All....

Thanks for all the positive comments. Just goes to show what a determined group of members can accomplish.

We were amazed at the turn out for this meet. Durantonians are the most diverse, interesting and friendly people we have ever met.

Thanks also to all the East Coast members who helped out behind the scenes.

The time went by so fast, I didn't get a chance to talk to everyone.

Only things I can add to help the organizers of the Oregon meet is add these two items to your check list:

Remember to bring President to Banquet

Buy more beer....

Thanks again....See Y'all in Oregon

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Stars and a Durant-Dort buggy

And remember that in some states you cannot buy more beer on Saturday evening after midnight because it is now Sunday.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1929, 1930, and 1931

Hi Ya all! (a southern thing)
Just a quick note to say it was great to meet everyone again, and like most, I and Frances were sorry to leave. Thanks Frank & Cathy, Bill & Ann Jean, Jack & Mary for making it a great event,and Carol for those great flyers and everyone else that just pitched in to make things happen. I think we set a record for attendance as we had about 66 at the banquet on Saturday night. Total attendance was around 74 with some coming in for a day or two. I counted 11 cars that showed up and were on display. And the weather was perfect! Over the next couple of months you will see and hear much more about the event.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

I have sent a DVD to Carol and one to Rick with the 700 photos that I took.....anyone else that took photos and wants to have them shared you should also send a DVD or a CD to them as well.

I know that Rick will take some of the photos and post them on the website, and Carol will have lots of photos to review for inclusion in the next Durant Partner.

I have fun taking the photos, and I hope that you enjoy seeing them.

And let me echo the comments of Mike and Frank, as well as say that the DMAC Annual Meeting would not have been as good as it was if it weren't for the work that they did as well.

As I have said, Peg and I had a great time, and we enjoyed seeing our Durant friends,.

Thanks Charles for the photos of our car, Dorothy and myself much appreciate.

charlie,
thanx for the fantastic picture...i took about 600 also but i was not in many of them...holding the camera and all....i really have to learn that 10 second delay thing...regards, gary k

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 MODEL 70 COUPE & 1930 6-14 SEDAN

I know I have said this before... just when you think a Durant meet can not get any better than the last one... It Does!
This was the best one ever! Many many Thanks to all that spent their free time planning the events, working to host the events and making this a wonderful meet for the
rest of us.
I didnt think larry could stay up so late and still function.
We had a ball meeting old and new friends! So until we meet again, lets enjoy all the great photos!

Where Are You From? www.oldcarlenses.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

A "well done" goes out to the organizers of this years annual club gathering held at Auburn Indiana. This very successful event took a lot of planning from a group of devoted club members of which none lived in the immediate area! Show me another club that's this great!!
Also, I'd like to thank those who attended.They came from everywhere... from California and the West coast to Vermont, 3600 miles from Canada,Flordia and all points in between. I arrived alone, but was always greated and included in any and all conversation and events the entire week.... almost like being at a family reunion!
Already looking toward the next one! Again... Thanks Jim G.

Even though we were there only about 24 hours, Melody and I had a wonderful time. It's the people.....the cars are neat, but it is definitely the people! Thanks to everyone involved!!!

Dave

Ditto, Ditto
This was my first meeting and Jim is right. It's more like a family reunion than a club meet. But a family that gets along. I was treated like I belonged. Every family has its characters - that adds color. I trailered my car 1000 miles round trip and no regrets. It was a blast. Thank you all - those that were involved in organizing and those who came - and those who I didn't meet because you couldn't come - you add to the family too. See ya next time. My wife was impressed.
Lookin forward,

Wayne Farrand

Wayne Farrand

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Hey, Thanks to everyone !!! it was a great time. It was a pleasure meeting everyone, and everyone made me feel at home. That made it all worth it. Dave

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 M2 Sedan

Hi everyone, Sonia & I took a few days extra to go sight seeing and picked up a few trinkets of antiques. Two more boxes to ship home. First of all, I would like to thank everyone involved in organizing this meet. It was good to see all of the members attending again. We had a great time. Sonia enjoyed conducting the fashion show and tea. She finally has received all of her garments back home. Hope to see you again next year.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club