Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1928 DURANT M2 - 2 door Sedan

My friend,Tad Hall doesn't have a computer and has asked me to get the word out that he has one For Sale.

It is a 1928 DURANT ... M2 - 2 door Sedan

It looks like brand new as it has been completely redone from the underside on up.

Color : Medium Green with Black Fenders.

It has taken People's Choice # 1 Trophy for six times in seven years. Has New Tires.
Car housed inside in Grand Junction, Colorado

Asking Price : $ 20,000.00 Cash or Certified Funds
( or best offer )
For More Information: TAD HALL 1-970-523-1135
Call Owner Direct : TAD HALL 1-970-523-1135
Seller is taking more photos and
will send photos to interested Buyer.
He also has parts for sale.

I can send a photo by e-mail for him
as soon as I receive same.

e/m Contact: Ann Soehrmann happyas@tds.net

Do You own a car built by Durant? Tad Hall has One For Sale

Re: 1928 DURANT M2 - 2 door Sedan

I sure don't mean to be rude but where did you get the asking price for your car. I, or rather the museum I work for, has a 1928 Durant M2 Coupe. It is not in anywhere near the condition yours seems to be. I'd say it is worth maybe $4,000.00 to someone who might really want a 1928 Durant M2 Coupe, not that it's for sale. I went to a couple of web sites to check values after I saw your post, just in cae I am radicaly underestimating the value of ours, but I don't think I am.

The market correct price according to Mannheim Gold for a 1928 Durant Coupe in excellent condition is $10,500.00. I cannot imagine there is a huge demand for Durants, as crazy as I am about the one we have. I am keen to know how you came about the price you are putting on this vehicle.

Re: 1928 DURANT M2 - 2 door Sedan

He's probably calculating $1.00 per hour for the restoration work required??
An old friend told me that I shouldn't waste my time on the low end of the car hobby. It doesn't take much extra to do the classics.
But I like the odd-balls, both cars and tycoons, and I figured that old W.C. Durant deserved to be remembered at the car shows. I suppose I should have picked E.L. Cord.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club