Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
durant starter motor help

g,day from oz , me and my 2 boys have picked up a durant we think its a 28 model , the starter motor clamps on , and the starter shaft is worn bad where it exits the housing i dont think i can build it up and turn it down as it is worn right next to the windings and the heat might wreck the windings , and i cant turn down the whole shaft as the bendix runs on the other end , any ideas or suggestions , any body got a good one or a new old stock shaft , cheers pete

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: durant starter motor help

PETE I MAY HAVE THE PART YOU NEED.AM GOING AWAY TOMORROW FOR 2 WEEKS WILL HAVE A SCRATCH AROUND WHEN I RETURN. SYD IF YOU SEE THIS YOU ARE A LOT CLOSER THAN ME IF YOU HAVE ONE CHEERS BRIAN

Hi Pete. I am in Biloela , up the road a little. I can look in my spare parts bin,should have one. Which model do you have?
Regards Sid

g,day , i dont exactly know , but any help would be appreciated , cheers pete

g,day , i dont know much about the car its a 4 door with a soft top , does that make it a tourer , i dont know the model or the year exactly , any hints on working it out , cheers pete

Pete. Give me a ring on 49923398,i will work out which model you have.
Regards Sid

The Durant Motors Automobile Club