Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pictures of your car parts for club I.D. manual

FELLOW DURANTONIANS,
HOPEFULLY, YOU REMEBER THAT WE ARE GOING TO TRY TO PUT TOGETHER AN IDENTIFICATION MANUAL FOR THE IMPORTANT PARTS FOR EACH MODEL OF OUR CLUB CARS.THIS BIG TASK REQUIRES INPUT FROM AS MANY MEMBERS AS POSSIBLE. TAKE TIME THIS SUMMER (OR WINTER DOWN UNDER) TO PHOTOGRAPH THE SMALL PARTS OF YOUR CAR. SEND THEM TO ME AT ONE OF THE EMAIL ADDRESSES I HAVE LISTED. BEST FOR NOW IS FROGGYSROD@COMCAST.NET UNTIL MY SON SETS UP MY DURANT-STAR WEBSITE....WHICH WILL BE SOON I HOPE. OR YOU CAN SEND ACTUAL PICTURES (HARD COPY) TO ME AT:

GARY KAUFFMAN
3106 PLYMOUTH ROCK ROAD
PLYMOUTH MEETING, PA. 19462-7114 U.S.A.

WE WANT..DOOR HANDLES IN AND OUT; RAD CAPS; GAS CAPS;
DASH BOARD PICS; HUBCAPS; CRANK HOLE COVERS; LUGGAGE RACKS; BUMPERS; WHEELS SHOWING INSIDE AND OUT; AND OTHER PARTS. YOU CAN DRAW THEM IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CAMERA. NOTE SOME MEASUREMENTS WHERE POSSIBLE.

MECHANICAL PARTS ARE GOOD TOO IF IDENTIFIED WITH SERIAL AND MODEL NUMBERS AND SHOWING BOTH SIDES AND TOP AND BOTTOM WHERE DIFFERENT;
PLEASE SEND ANY ONES YOU CAN OR ALL IF YOU CAN...SO WE CAN COMPARE CARS OF SAME MODELS TO ESTABLISH "NORMAL" OR FACTORY PARTS USED.
I WILL BE AT THE AUBURN INDIANA MEET OR SEND THEM.

YOUR HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED BY ALL MEMBERS..AND RESULTS WILL BE SHARED WITH ALL MEMBERS AND DURANT PRODUCT FANS.
REGARDS, GARY K

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 MODEL 70 COUPE & 1930 6-14 SEDAN

Re: pictures of your car parts for club I.D. manual

Hi All........

The Auburn meet wit be a great place to see a lot of different Durant products, some never seen before at any National Meet.

It doesn't matter if your car is a Hershey show winner or a good 30 footer like mine (Looks good from 30 feet away) Bring them out to the largest gathering of Durant products in Indiana !!

Come any time during the week and meet new and old friends. We have a hospitality room for all days of the meet. This way we should be able to keep the East Coast crowd contained and out of trouble!

See y'all in Auburn.......Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort Buggy

The Durant Motors Automobile Club