Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Auborn 2007

I've received about 6 registrations so far for the Auburn meet but I know there is more coming for sure. This is going to be a great meeting in a great part of the country, so don't miss out on this one. It's a chance for many mid-westerners to come to a meet and enjoy what a annual meeting is all about! There is many behind the scenes working hard to make the event a memorial one.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Re: Auborn 2007

Mike,
Like always you wil probably get quite a few that will register late. We have not registered but plan to do so soon. Still feel this will be the largest Annual Meet to date. Thanks for the effort you, Frank and others have put forth to make sure of the meet success.

Yates

mike.
marcia and i are already hotel reserved..and will send our club reservation before end of august..lookung forward to it with great excitement....

Hi All.......

Let's not forget our members to the North. This is a great opportunity for the Folks in the middle of Canada to make a national meet. I have talked to a few who are planning on being there.

The idea of having a meet in the middle of the US was to give members who have never experienced a National Meet the chance to meet other DMAC folks.

Many "surprises" in store don't miss this one !!!

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? Now 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Hi Mike, hope you have been well, Patti and I hope to make it. Last minute, because of having that work thing to worry about. Thanks Dave

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 M2 Sedan

I'd like to see the interest this meet is generating. Surely more than 6 know they can be there.
I'm trying to arrange my schedule so my wife and I can be there with our '31 model 619, if I can find a trailer. This would be my first meet with you guys.

Wayne Farrand

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Obviously I'm going to have to do a spell check before I post, since I spelled Auburn wrong in the post. To answer your question our experience is that most people cannot commit their time and money until they are 100% sure their time will allow them to attend. So most registrations come in very close to the event time. I am currently not home, but in San Francisco on business and will be here until the 3rd of August, but when I get home I will have more registrations there in the mail for sure. I know for the East Coast Chapter events, we seem to always get a core of the same people that attend. The die hard Durantonions. Many because of cost and personal financial situation, or because of their age can't travel to make these meets. Many also feel because their car is not a trophy car, or showroom car or for that matter even running that they feel awkward attending. There is no judging, no critics but just admiration and talk about how to fix this or solve that problem. If you can attend you will have the most enjoyable times, and meet some of the nicest people you could ever meet. You will take home some new friends for sure! Everyone has one thing in common, the automobiles of William C. Durant.

Sorry everyone, I haven't made my dinner reservations "YET" only because I do not the know the exact number of people that will be in my party. The minute I find out Mike, You'll be the first to know! I'm really looking forward to this one. With this years location.... this should be the biggest gathering yet!!

My wife and I are surely coming. I'll be paying bills tomorrow and will also fill out and mail my Auburn form at the same time.

Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star touring, 1927 Star Coupe

Re: Auburn 2007

Hey Jim G
We have a Flint registered to attend also!

Mike.... I believe the last time a Flint was at the national meet was Ron Stokey's Roadster in 2004!!

I have a trailer and am getting closer to making arrangements so I can register. Yes, I know how people register for some things, I just got thru hosting a buckskinning rendezvous here in Iowa(my other hobby)- we all wait til last minute. If it makes anybody feel better, my car is a real amateur resto. Looks good from a trotting horse. I hope I can get my transmission switched so you don't hear that awful grind in 1st and 2nd. and would be even better if I could get my real Durant rear axle on in place of the Chevy stand in. This meet will be a real incentive for me.

Wayne Farrand

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club