Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Car Show Participant

Want to see a 1930 Durant Deluxe Sedan in a car show?

http://www.livecarshows.com/Sespe.html

Type the above into your internet search and see my wife Cyndi and I at the 2007 4th of July Sespe Creek car show and festival sponsored by the Fillmore & Western Railway.

We drove the 76 miles round trip from home to Fillmore Wed. morning and back again in the early evening, the car made it without a problem.

The show and people were great and our Durant got lots of Ohh’s & Ahh’s all day.

Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Deluxe Sedan

Re: Car Show Participant

Great looking car, and I bet you were the only Durant in the show. I bet a lot of people asked "what's a Durant"?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Nice to hear you showed yor Durant. I was at a show here in NW WI over the 4th and there was a 30 Durant 2Dr. w/rumble seat also. I've taken my 25 Star Tour. to 3 shows now, drove it to all of them (200 miles total) and taken 3 firsts with 1 Best of show. The last one had over 30 cars in my class. Most people have not ever heard of the Durant or Star Cars. I looked for pictures of your car on this forum and didn't find any? I also sent some of mine to the editor a couple months ago but haven't heard from anyone. Keep on showing them, there are people that appreciate seeing them.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

You two need to send the pictures of your cars to Rick Botti. He will put them on the photograph section for all to see. There is always more room for more Durant product pictures. The rest of us always love looking at the cars and the different restoration jobs.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Thanks for your comments.

I’ve only taken the car to local shows (within 50 miles) and have won a couple of 1st places, maybe because of the limited competition for stock originals in my catagory .

You are correct; almost everyone wants to know what a Durant is so I give them a short history lesson from the “Billy Durant” book that came with the car.

I have had two or three gentlemen say that their fathers or grandfathers owned a Durant years ago and they expand my knowledge of the Durant saga.

I will send some pictures to Rick for inclusion into the gallery.

Thanks again Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club