Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
do I hot rod or restore a 28 55?

How rare is a 1928 model 55 four dour deluxe Durant? The sheet metal is so georgeous it would make an awesome hot rod. Where would a person get rid of the rest of the car? It is complete: wheels, tires, all metal parts, etc.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: do I hot rod or restore a 28 55?

If it is as good as you say it would be a sin to rod this car. How many Durants have you ever seen ?? Why not get a ford or chev to rod and sell this one to someone who would restore it?
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model 614- deluxe rumble seat coupe

By all means restore the car. You have just hit the website for worlds greatest car club and website.
As for your cars rarity, I guess you can say all Durants are rare. Send me your address and I will mail you a copy of our magazine that you will get if you join our great group of approximately 380 members worldwide. I hope you decide not to destroy a great example of automotive history.

Yates Milton
Founder, DMAC

Hello Hanson,

If you want to build a street rod get a two door sedan, coupe, or roadster. Four door sedans are the least desirable body style for restoration or to build a street rod out of. However, if you decide to make a hot rod out of this car, I would be interested in some of your parts. Thank you, Bruce Hargin.

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 Model 60 Delux 4Dr. Sedan

Hi,
Obviously as a Durant enthusiast I would vote against rodding the car. But for practical purposes I'm not sure how a totally wood framed car(doors,sills,cowl,roof) would stand up to modern horsepower and modern speeds, epecially a 4 dr sedan.

Dave

The Durant Motors Automobile Club