Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Auburn Restoration Talks & Demonstrations

Hi All......

One of the ideas we are working on for the National Meet, is to have some demonstrations from members on various restoration techniques.

Here's your chance to share your skills with other members. We are looking for any ideas. These can be from the simple to the complex. Just let me know what you want to do, or what you would like to see.

Jim Greenamyer, who has been involved in the restoration industry for years, is producing a couple videos for Auburn. He is going to show how he reproduced the wooden body sills for his Flint. Another one he is doing will be on painting and preparation. You won't want to miss these. Jim has restored many show winning cars for others. We couldn't transport his shop to Auburn , but he will be there along with the video's.

We will also have some hands on demonstrations.

The hospitality room is ours for the entire meet, so bring anything you would like to display.

This is the first time the National meet has been in the middle of the country. Hope to see a lot of members in person that we only know by name.

This would also be a good time for the formation of a Mid West Chapter of the DMAC. Maybe Yates can "suggest" this as he did in New Jersey. He was the motivation behind the formation of the East Coast Chapter.

See You in Auburn !!...........Frank

---

Do You own a car built by Durant? Now 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Re: Auburn Restoration Talks & Demonstrations

Hello Frank
I hope I can make it to the meet.
Also if the guys are not bored yet of me talking
about my restauration than I would offer my services.
Franz

Franz - sorry to jump in off topic but I can't seem to reach you by email. Your telus.net address bounced back to me and the info@vancouver.. doesn't get a response. Would you please contact me.
Thanks
Mac

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Franz
As a matter of fact, Frank & I have spoken about getting you to put on one of your great talks on your part restorations. Everyone enjoys them and they walk away with a wealth of information. If you want us to, Frank will pencil you in on the schedule for an afternoon demonstration. Let us know.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Has a day by day schedule of events been decided on yet?
Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1927 Star Coupe

Don
The schedule has not been finalized yet but the 26th will be registration and check in all day, each morning on Thursday, Friday and Saturday we will have a planned tour of some kind to the various museums and places of interest. In the afternoon, everyone will have a chance to go out on their own, stay and talk durant, antique shop etc. On Thursday and Saturday afternoon there will be tech talk or swap meet/parts sales etc. Just a time to get together and talk Durant/Star. On Friday afternoon there is a tentative ladies Tea and fashion show & discussion by Sonya Babbick and Doris Milton among the other gals. Details of this are still in the making. Saturday night at 7:00 is the banquet at the Auburn, Cord, Dusenberg museum. Of course Sunday will be a day for some to check out early and some to stay the day in the Auburn area. We are in the planning stages for some things and some will be addes as we finalize the arrangements. We hope to plan things for morning and then let everyone have some free time to go off and do what they want. They area is rich in things to do, and places to go and see. Hope this helps with your question.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club