Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Latest Issue - Durant Partner

Just finished reading the latest issue of the DURANT PARTNER. WOW.... Great job Carol... The pictures are sharp as a tack and the changes are superb. Would also like to thank those who contributed. As a member of the AACA I much prefer our small magazine over what they send out. CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS....

Yates
Founder, DMAC

Re: Latest Issue - Durant Partner

Ditto on your comments Yates! Got mine at lunch today and got caught sneaking a look during working hours. My boss saw "NO" humor in this ( rides motorcycles or something), but worth the trouble!! Excellent job Rick and Carol. AT LAST.... a partner with a Flint on the front cover, Great job Tom Twomey. Already looking forward to the next issue!

Thank you Carol. The magazine looks great. Hopefully some people will start sending in reservations for the Auburn meet. Auburn will be a great place to hold the national. We are looking forward to meeting new friends as well as old ones.

Thanks for all the kind words!! It was great doing this magazine. I hope this will stir up the pot a little so more people submit more stories and technical advice to keep the content fresh!! Wow the post office sure did a quick delivery! It went out Thursday, and seems everyone got it from sea to shining sea!
Hope the internationals get there fast!
They will be on their way!!
Now the pressure is on to get more content for the next double issue!!

Where Are You From? www.oldcarlenses.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant model 75, 1927 star m

WELL, YOU HAVE TRIGGERED MY LAZY BOTTOM TO ACTION. I WILL SEND MORE GOOD STUFF TO ASSIST YOUR EFFORTS....SORRY FOR THE DELAY BUT LIFE IS A CRUEL MASTER SOMETIMES....GARY K

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durant 70 coupe and a 1930 6-14 standard sedan

Hi Carol.
Great job you did on your first magazine. You’re so talented we are surely blessed to have you in our club. Beautiful. Sure like the sharp printing and your new headers and style. Fabulous. Course I really think it is way better than a “newsletter”. Really is a magazine for sure. Thanks again kiddo. Your tops.
Lance Haynes San Diego

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes many

Hi All.......

Got mine on Monday, The best issue ever!! Cathy had it read before I even got home. She loved your Hat! !!!!

Carol, you did a wonderful job (as I knew you would) The layout and editing is crisp and clean with high quality pictures.

We can be proud of the magazine for our Club, and it will attract new members.

Now the pressure is on us to keep you supplied with material

See you in AUburn......Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? Now 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

My copy must come via pony express, and the horses are tired and are being fed.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

I think the horse delivered mine also but it was worth the wait. Great Job and keep up the good work.
Jan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 Star Coupe

My issue will be coming by dog sled express. I guess we have to wait a bit longer here in Canadas western province. I am anxiuosly awaiting its arrival . It is always worth the wait and by the sounds of things this will be a specially good one. Come on you huskies---Mush.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Hi Ken,

Someone in our US Postal service found an obscure rule that required Carol to spend extra time preparing international shipments. Copies for Canadian members went out in today’s mail. So Carol not only created the magazine, but she packaged it, printed the stamps and prepared it for mailing.

Domestic mail used a mailing permit for the first time. In most cases this speeded up delivery, but more importantly it did away with that ugly cancellation mark we’ve all seen in the past.

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Deluxe Roadster

My copy arrived today, and while I have not read all of the articles, the covers are fantastic.

To the editor Bravo Zulu!

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Carol
Kudo's to you and the new issue. I just returned home today from a trip out west and sat down and looked at this new issue. The quality is excellent and a publication we can all be proud of. You are truly talented for sure!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Guess my mailmans dog ran out of steam (Or maybe out of snow??) --still waiting eagerly for mine . Sure sounds like a super issue --I can hardly wait to see it . Maybe on tuesday -since this is our long weekend. Canada Day -July 1st .
Ken (nanook of the frozen north )

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model 614- deluxe rumble seat coupe

Thanks again for all the complements. Hope you all enjoy the magazine.. DOnt forget, if you want to contribute, all are welcome!! It is your magazine, what sort of articles do you want to see?

The canadian, European, and other foriegn issues went out the middle of last week. I had to stuff them into envelopes, and stick on many labels and postage... Sorry for the delay, they are on the way!

Do You own a car built by Durant? you bet!

Carol
I am not blaming you for the time it takes for my issue to arrive--It is our mail service that is at fault here. We should return to the days of the pony express - I am sure it would be as fast -(and it would be less costly too). I know you folks have done the best anyone could do - I am anxiuos to see it though after all the nice remarks about it . I am sure it is going to be a good one
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model 614- deluxe rumble seat coupe

Tried to send a message and it didnt go thru- Here goes again. I got my issue today , and it was well worth the wait -a thing of beauty. I havent had time to read the whole thing yet but what I did was great.That is my evening read for tonite. Carol-My hats off to you .-you done good girl.
Ken

Hi All
Got mine today.
Great job Carol
Thanks

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hi All , I get my copy today , here , in the oppositte side of the Americas

Good Job Carol
thanks

Walter

Do You own a car built by Durant? Rugby touring M2 1928 and M4 1929

YIPPPEEE!
So glad that the internationals made it!!
Don't forget, to submit articles for the up coming magazines!
~Carol

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant 75, 1927 Star M touring to name a few of the many....

Brilliant effort Carol - Well Done !! Got my issue Down Under on July nineth well worth the wait. Kind regards Graham

Do You own a car built by Durant? A 22 SPORT TOURER

The Durant Motors Automobile Club